Abscess on my left arm

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had hs for 4 years and in stage 3 my doctor has me booked in for surgery and a skin graft has any1 had this done

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No, haven't heard of that. Anyone else?

Have you tried everything else first....

Diet, trigger food elimination( nightshades, gluten, paleo), supplementation( zinc, probiotics, turmeric), kenalog injections, roaccutane, hair removal, clindamycin rifampicin combination, humira.....?

Skin graft sounds quite extreme.... Especially as the last surgical resort seens to be gland removal...

Anyone heard of this?

• Posted

I have tried everything thing from antibiotics to other medication to clear my system out and that medication left me so sick. I had my surgery and it was awful painful and in the past 2 weeks have had a very bad breakout off 3 obcesses. I am just so tired off them
  • Posted

I have had laser surgery on my groin area about 3 months ago.  It is an expensive procedure so now if I can't afford the next surgery on my underarm I'm considering the skin graft.

• Posted

I had my skin graft 6 weeks ago it was a very painful thing I'm still recovering I have to get a nurse twice a day to dress my arm and my leg is always sore from the we're the skin was removed.im due to get my other arm done later this year but don't think I could go trough with that pain again

• Posted

i had a skin graft under my left arm about 8 years ago.  Make sure you have a very good plastic surgeon because it is a very hard area for a skin graft to take.  They removed all the tissue in my under arm & them did the skin graft.  They took skin from my left thigh.  Mine was very successful.  I was in the hospital for about 6 days.  My leg where they took the skin from was more painful than the underarm & you need to be careful in the sun because that area will burn very easily.  I have had no outbreaks in that area since the surgery.  I also started taking Remicade shortly after that which i haven't had any serious outbreaks since i started taking it.  If your insurance will cover Remicade i would suggest you try that first.  The surgery is pretty drastic & long recovery time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.