Abscess or piles

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there

I've had ongoing issues with piles and fissures. Yesterday afternoon I developed a hard pea sized lump out if the blue. It quite hard and feels like a thromossed pile but I'm worried it could be an abscess. I went to the doctor this morning who examined me but I don't trust that she's given me correct diagnosis since she couldn't even find my opening for a couple of minutes! 😲

Could someone discribe what an abscess might feel like please. I'm in alittle discomfort like a tooth ache down there. It's a little stingy. It has started bleeding this afternoon which is new.

Thanks for anyone who answers. I'm just about sick to death of troubleshooting my arse constantly!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, personally I have suffered every few weeks with a thrombosed haemorrhoid as well as my other problems down there. I started off with fissures then had an abscess and sepsis and have recently had the infection drained and a fistula ‘laid open’ at the same time they banded the troublesome haemorrhoid. 

The clot was a very bad pain but the muscle spasms were the worst as it’s trying to heal things but can’t so it went on for hours. 

I think your pea sized lump is the same thing as an abscess would be bigger and is normally just inside as mine was so u don’t really know it’s there apart from the pain. 

They tend to clear up in a week or so as unless it is extremely bad there is no treatment for the clot not even taking aspirin. If it doesn’t go they can lance it to drain it. 

Good luck. 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. All these things are so depressing aren't they.

Can I ask did your thrombossed pile bleed at all? I'm so so scared about getting an abscess as have read some horror stories about them and fistulas forming. This is make Ng me so anxious!

• Posted

So depressing, I have been suffering for over 2.5 years now and I is affecting my families life as well now.

The blood clots don't bleed at all unless they burst which isn't common, you just wish they would so the pressure eases!

If there is a small amount of blood this is usually the fissures. If there is a huge amount of blood, it is usually a burst haemorrhoid, but the pain will subside so it's good news when I see all that blood!

I can sympathise as it's the worst pain in the world, no painkillers touch it for me, consultant said it's the hardest place to treat pain, and he has had people crawling into his surgery on their hands and knees.

Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.