Abscess Tooth Guidance?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have at least 1, most likely 2 access teeth on the top right of my mouth. I had the same problem on the other side a few months ago but I don't think they actually got infected. What happened is my wisdom tooth and my moler broke off pretty bad. I was in an incredible amount of pain and the dentist had no problem going in and pulling them. I have the same 2 teeth on my right side now giving me problems. I'm unable to see the dentist until next week, so I went to the ER last night to get some pain killers and they told me is was infected. They prescribed me some antibiotics and some pain killers. Was going good until earlier this this evening when the pain started to get worse and worse than ever before. I took more of the pain killers than I was suppose to, and will regret later when I run out, and it didn't help. I've been using warm cloth on my face and it only temporarily takes the pain away. I tried using a cold cloth, but it made the pain worse. After I got it to settle down, I used a cold cloth and started rubbing the area. I felt a little pop. Not sure what it was, but the swelling of my gums went down just a slight bit after that. Is it possible it was the abscess? How would the puss escape out of my gums? Not sure if it'd be able to seep through the teeth since the broken piece on each tooth is still intact. Its pretty much covering the gap up. How would it escape anyway even if the tooth wasn't broken?

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Ouch! Been there done that. 

I would suggest that you see a dentist asap. This is an emergency and many dentists will see you anytime under the circumstances. Don't risk bone loss or a blood infection due to the abscess

Hope your better soon... remove the teeth and antibiotics will help put you on the mend  in a few weeks. You will feel better. Good luck!

So sorry 😐 take care.

HOPE

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I can't go to the dentist until next week when I have the money. I don't have insurance and every dentist I've talked to around my area wants money up front. =/

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.