Abscesses Achilles tendon,

Posted , 2 users are following.

8 wks post op for heel spur / tendon repair, just learned I have an abscess on tendon, with ulcer of the heel post op. What will surgeon do to fix it

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry I can't help with an answer but hopefully someone will be able to help..I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear you are having problems,and say I am 10 weeks post op heel spur and tendon clean. I hope things are sorted for you soon and it does not cause to much of a set back..
    • Posted

Thanks! It's been 2 months and it has gotten worse instead of better. Very tender and sensitive all around my ankle area, sometimes a lot of swelling. Sering my surgeon Friday, hoping to get some answers and get this healed!
    • Posted

Mine is still very tender. I believe it can take months to feel better, I have a lot of pain in the heel and at the side of my ankle.. I am still in the boot at the moment but I see my consultant on Monday,..I live in the uk in Suffol, I know different areas do different things so you may not be in a boot, especially with An abscess
    • Posted

Haven't been in a boot for 6 weeks, but wound care Dr thinks surgeon needs to do boot /brace/plaster splint, something to immobilize my foot so tendon can heal. Will know more when I see surgeon friday. He is also my podiatrist if that makes more sense to you.
    • Posted

Surgeon/podiatrist did another de-bridement, after just injecting lidocaine without using a topical to help numb the area first. Very excruciating pain! Put me in a podus boot, but looking at instructions that boot is not intended for everyday wear, so I have to talk to him about that when I go in Friday. Wound care Dr had me using hydraferra blue dressings that seem to be helping pull the infection out; told surgeon, plus the other Dr had talked to him as well, then when I got my box of dressing supplies in the mail yesterday instead of that dressing I had silver alginate dressings! I don't think this Dr knows what he is doing!! I got to thinking about it, and right after surgery I was getting ready for a shower, lost my balance, put that foot down by accident, and would have fallen if hubby hadn't caught me. Wondering now if maybe I tore that tendon before it was healed from the repair, and if that could be causing some of my problems now.
    • Posted

I fell on mine a couple of times after my operation. I had no pain so am hopefull it's ok.. Maybe time to find a new doctor if you are not happy with this one.. I had my boot off Monday and am awaiting a physio appointment... 
    • Posted

Trying to get another one, but due to my problems it's hard bc I gave to see a surgeon who us also a podiatrist and also changing Dr's now is almost impossible. Very frustrating! I might be able to see another Dr in the same group, have to call tomorrow and talk to practice manager
    • Posted

Hope you manage to get it all sorted soon, must be so frustrating.. I'm concerned at how swollen t he back of my ankle still is, still looks the same as before he operation apart from the bump.. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.