Absolute Rubbish Weekend

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm really having a stressful weekend. My sister was supposed to be going on holiday with her daughter (my niece) today but I had a phone call to say that my niece was in hospital with a suspected stroke (she's only 40, has never smoked, isn't overweight, no blood pressure problems and takes a reasonable amount of exercise). Anyway the hospital discharged her with asprin and some other stroke drugs and she's gone on holiday late this afternoon to Pembrokeshire. I'm worried sick. If it was me I wouldn't have gone. To top it all, my cousin has been diagnosed with a brain tumour and has been given 2 months to live. I'm off to the US at the beginning of September for 3 weeks but I really feel I should be here. We are taking my mother-in-law and as she is 81 it might possibly the last time she can visit her younger son (he moved to the US 35 years ago). I feel I am being pulled all ways. Whisky bottle her I come :D If I didn't laugh I would cry.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sorry to hear you're having such a rubbish time, can't blame you for having a tipple

i hope you're neice recovers from her stroke, the time away may do her good, a bit of a mood lifter and at least shes still in this country should she need some more medical care

you're situation is difficult and seems to be a case of bad timing but don't forget we are here when the chips are down - not just for tablet related support smile *hugs*

• Posted

Aww i feel for you petal, some awful things happening there!!

Take it slow , dont panic and just do what you can!!

Easy to say the words though i know!!

x

• Posted

It's easy to say I know but try not to worry about things you can't change.

Take care of yourself and you'll be stronger to help others

Hope things get better for you soon x

• Posted

Oh Dear

You are having a worrying time

But please remember to look after yourself then you will be better equiped to cope with the added stress and to help where and whenever you can and don't forget you can always sound off on here Xxx & a BIG Virtually hug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.