Absolutely at my teather with my PF 7 yrs down the line!

Posted , 8 users are following.

After having baby no 2, 7 yrs ago i developed PF and i am still living with the pain. I have tried everything such as steroid injections, shock wave therapy, physio, chiropractor, massage, osteopath, acupuncture, MRI's, US's, customised orthotics, stretches, reiki. You name it i have tried it but nothing works. I have pain when i walk and also standing in stationary position is worse. I wear good protective shoes and supportive croc sandals at home.

I sometimes get told from consultants that maybe its not PF but they never suggest what else it could be. I have had my hips looked at... I know i have a degree of PF as i have pain in my fascia in both arches of both feet . I don't have any heal pain. But the fascia runs along whole of foot .

I also have nerve pain when i am just sat down, waves of stabbing pains that come and go. So i may have a degree of peripheral neuropathy and tendionitis.

I have tried to accommodate my life to help. I changed my role at work so not constantly standing in a lab but just doing some walking causes pain. I drive an auto i hardly go shopping as too painful.

But at this present time i am having a flare up so pain is really bad and takes few weeks to settle and i just feel how can i live my life like this? Its too much. I have never had a fascia release as always advised against it and depends how much i suffering. I am suffering but heard people can be in more pain so if am suffering now i could be even worse, gosh no! I cant handle that.

Can anyone give me any advice. Have you had something similar after having baby? I know its to do with hormones relaxin which have relaxed my ligaments and after birth its just never sorted itself out.

Has anyone had release and recommend it?

Also pain is in my arches so told release is tricky as do they release near heal as may not work and if release near toes then was told by consultant this is dodgy!

So fed up with constantly struggling, dunno what step to take next. I not seen any consultants for last few yrs as i have given up and nothing left that is safe to try.

Thanks for reading

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I had pretty severe plantar fasciitis in my left foot for a little over a year. Have been mostly free of the pain for this past year. Just thought I would let you know what I did although this fix may not work for you. I read a lot on plantar fasciitis and what others did and ordered a “slant board“ online. It’s basically a slanted board that you put up against the wall and stand on. I used it religiously for six months twice a day standing on it for 20 minutes each time. In the morning I would stand on it while I was getting ready in the bathroom and then in the evening I would stand on it against a wall and read something. Again I was religious about standing on it. Also I ordered these Dr. Scholl’s gel inserts for my shoes. I wore good supportive sneakers 95% of the time (except at home when IFile size is too big wore Birkenstocks). After doing this for six months it gradually just started getting better and better. Also I ordered Birkenstocks sandals to wear around the house. The gel inserts actually fit down into those as well. Good luck, I know how painful this is.File size is too big

• Posted

I just ordered a slant board from Amazon. Thanks for that tip. Hadn't done that yet--just the stretch from the end of the stairs.

• Posted

Have you also looked at a foot rocker? As i am toying between this and the slant board. It also stretches out the calf muscles and achilles and is for PF Just wondering if you have used this too?

• Posted

I do not have a lot of advice about this, and you have tried it, but what about arch supports? My daughter had this and the foot doctor tomd me to get some small supports to put in her heal, with an arch support on top of it.

She immediately had no pain. If you have not tried it, maybe it will work for you.

WISHING you relief!!!!!:)

• Posted

I wear orthotics can't walk around without the but I still get pain and it's so bad

• Posted

I'm kind of in the same boat. 6 years in. tried EVERYTHING. just got my 3rd steroid shot in my right heel. i get relief for about 6-8 weeks with these. currently the pain is in my arch and heel. also in the ball of my rt foot. So frustrating. i spend so much time tending to my feet to ease the pain. think I'm heading towards surgery at some point. but I've heard horror stories about ending up worse after surgery. mine was not pregnancy related. it was a short lived attempt at running and poor shoes. Also, I work 12 hour shifts on my feet in a hospital.

I wish you the best with this. I know your pain and frustration.

• Posted

Hello. i had PF in both heels for over five years. I got the release done in my left heel and left calf a year and four months ago. For 8 months after the op i was still in a bad way. I was at a check up visit with the hospital when through boredom i went through my files. to my amazement it said the M.R.I. from 8 months before the OP showed no PF in left heel but they never told me this and operated anyway. Roughly 6 months after the OP i went to my GP and asked her to check me for gout as i felt the pain got worse after a takeaway or drinking beer. No gout but i was diagnosed with Celiac. Im nearly a year gluten free and the only pain i feel is in operated foot and it's at a low level. So im thinking thats down to the surgery. Virtually no pain in right heel. Also i had years of toe pain and ankle pain but thats gone now. I had several other problems in other parts of my body that are clearing up. Im totally amazed at what harm gluten was doing to my body over years. My advice before u let them operate is get a blood test for celiac disease. Or even go gluten free for a month yourself and see if u find a difference. its alot easier these days to b gluten free. I wish i had of know this years ago as it would of saved me alot of not only physical problems but as anyone whom suffers with long term pain , the mental issues that result. Hope it helps.

• Posted

Glad you doing better. I did go gf for awhile and had the test for celiac but it was negative 😔

• Posted

Well, I've not had a child, but I had PF and did the usual things, such as bought insoles, rolled the frozen bottle of water under my foot, stretching, and finally an injection in my left heel. Because it started in the left heel, I began to favor that foot bringing on pain in my right. I work twelve hour shifts in Manufacturing on concrete. When I went to get my injection my podiatrist told me "This is going to hurt". To which I replied "You do what you have to do". The injection paled in comparison to what I had been living with and waking up to each morning. Today I am pain free and I want everyone with this affliction to be as pain free for the same costs. One day at work, as I was walking to the end of my production line (350 feet away), I turned around and took a few steps backwards. When I turned back around and began to walk forward again, my heel did not hurt as bad. That afternoon I stopped by the school track and walked the front stretch backward, trying to have my right arm and left foot both out in front at the same time, and trying to keep the distance of each step as though I were walking forward. Concentrate on how the ball of your foot strikes the ground. Stand up straight, maintain proper posture. If someone were to take video of you walking backwards and played it in reverse it should appear as though you were walking forward. A little over two years now without hurting, if I feel even a twinge of pain in my heel I simply take a few steps backward. I credit this alone with my PF relief, although I do have a pair of SOLE brand insoles in my work shoes. At around $40.00, they have crazy good arch support. So if you are still fighting PF, best of luck. I hope this helps and if it does, please share with others.

SOLE brand insoles are moldable by heating, though I leave mine as they come out of the package. Bought them at Gearhead Outfitters and I have a pair in both my work and home shoes.

• Posted

My shots have been very painful. But worth it to me for the 2 months of freedom from pain. This last one he numbed up extra for me...I didn't even scream or shout profanities this time! LOL.

• Posted

I have had PF three years and tried everything. one thing i noticed by accident recently

was that when i went out for dinner or for drinks and sat in a chair with a rung or bar stool with a rung and i sat for some time with my feet on the rung and heels pointed down (similar to what a slant board does) the pain is gone. I am now doing this as often as i can. i also bought a foot massager from ALDI and I am sure that helps as well. My advice is raise the heel, massage, sit or stretch in slant position, stretch calves as often as you can. At night i am now sitting in chair with rung and stretching that heel down. good luck and i know it sucks big time. I am not giving up and sometimes think perhaps i got this instead of something terminal.

• Posted

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have not tried a slant board so I will give it ago.

I just don't feel overly positive about anything I try anymore as I never get any success but I will definitely try it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.