Skip to content

Plantar Fasciitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • christine91943 1
  • JerryR 3

Plantar Fasciitis

I am a retired OBGYN MD and a plantar fasciitis patient.  I have had plantar fasciitis for about 2 months and have researched extensively on the subject.  I am not a podiatrist, and I am not a chiropractor.  I think most of the stuff you read on the internet is a bunch of untested crap.  I don't

20 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • julia 00615 2

What does your Plantar Fasciitis feel like?

Sometimes I wonder if I have plantar fasciitis. I've had foot pain for over a year, but only for a few weeks did I experience pain first thing in the morning that most ppl with plantar fasciitis have. My pain starts after just a few minutes of standing and the soles of my feet feel like they are burning,...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sharon59520 1

Radiation Therapy

I finished three weeks of radiation therapy for plantar fasciitis and my feet continue to burn even more lately and can't sleep. Anyone else going thru this and any suggestions you can provide?

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • dawn31985 2

Can gel insoles make PF worse?

Hello, I have had PF for over three years now. I have tried many insoles and am struggling with pain at the moment. I have a pair of gel insoles from the NHS, but are wondering if they can make the pain worse. I find, although they are soft, my foot moves all the time, ever so slightly. Anyone

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • conker 2

recovery time after cortisone injection

I'm having my first injection next week after trying everything available it's in my left heel I've heard few things as 2 days to 2 weeks how long should I refrain from going to work after having it done

40 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • streesy 2

PF and Metatarsalgia - what next?

I have been struggling with foot and ankle pain for over 3 years. My GP has recently concluded it to be a combination of PF and Metatarsalgia. Everything fits, especially the impression of a shortening of the Achilles' tendon. The main symptom of Metatarsalgia being almost constant pain similar to

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • elaine71676 1

Heel ease

Has anyone with Plantar Fasciitis tried this treatment, which costs £32.99 online? Any comments, positive or negative would be appreciated, to alleviate the pain from this condition. Thanks

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tyler101 1

Myofascial Release

I've just had an amazing breakthrough in my treatment for plantar fasciitis and I'd like to spread the good word about it. I visited a massage therapist who specializes in myofascial release technique. There are a few videos on it online but I think what this guy did was perhaps a little different.

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • Juke 1

Heel pain if I don't wear orthotics, but knee pain if I do!

Hi, I've had plantar fasciitis for a good few years. I have tried lots of different types of orthotics, but they all seem to give me knee pain! I have tried custom orthotics, and they seemed to be the worse. I have tried to build up use of orthotics, but they didn't seem to help. Does anyone

• jenny24657 2
  • nikhil61663 1
  • seanconnery 1
  • jmckay2013 1

Just Diagnosed with PF

I have worked as a clerk and cashier for 4 years and for the past 6 months work it's so painful I am barely able to walk. Once I am home I am barely able to stand let alone walk, my Dr gave me a muscle relaxer but it doesn't even touch the pain it's unbearable. I have a return appointment next

8 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • anne 36655 2
  • jackie48456 2

Such terrible pain!

I had a very painful cortisone injection last week into my plantar . I hoped it would help the terrible pain I have been having for the last 6 months but it's worse than ever now.I can't even straighten my leg let alone put my heel to the floor. I've been wearing gel inserts in my shoes and have

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sim7777 2

Chronic Plantar Fasciitis for 3 yrs

I have PF in both feet, in the arches and its very painful. I have tried lots of things such as shock wave therapy, orthotics in my shoes, corticosteroid injections, taping, But nothing seems to work. I go to see the chiropractor regularly just to keep things moving but things have got

50 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Netuser1980 2

Please help

For the last two mornings I have woken up with bad pain in my left foot. This morning it was so painful I had to go to emergency docs, they diagnosed me with plantar fasciitis told me to take painkillers do some exercises and sent em away. I have read all about this but the thing that concerns me

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • angela09870 2

Surgery decision

hi I'm new to forum , long story , don't want to bore you with too much, had plantar fasciitis for about 3 years now tried everything insoles,stretching strapping had cortisone injections in heal and ultrasound guided ones had shockwave therapy acupuncture and had coblation surgery  doctor has

63 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • linda90862 2
  • angela 00 2

Plantar fasciitis and work?

Wondering how long anyone has been out of work? I am a mailman so foot doctor told me I had to stay off 3 weeks I should be getting insoles soon it seems to be getting better then bam I have a bad couple of days 's quit else do physically active job ? Can you give me idea how

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • pammy101 1

husband had plantar fasciitis surgery in dec.

Husband had surgery dec 14 2016 on both feet. he has still yet to return to work. he is not getting better even with physical therapy 3 times a week since january. any help on what could be wrong or if he can be fixed?

• kim08822 3

Fascia release surgery

Had pf since june 2015. Ive had 4 cortisone injections that haven't worked. I was rushed to a&e yesterday due to extreme and severe pain in arch and heel plus a tightening in calf muscle. Initially it was thought my fascia ligament had ruptured but doctors told me it was a more aggressive form of

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • Rockchick1980 1

Advice needed on plantar fasciitis.

Hi I've had plantar fasciitis and its been diagnosed for few months now. I was referred to podiatrist who gave me insoles one being 1cm higher as found out one leg is shorter than other. In shorter leg I've had a varicose vein since I had my lad 7 years ago. Basically the insoles help with pain

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • rod93781 2

Sore heals

Just wondering if others have this. I've been fighting this for three years. The first 6 months I had the tight muscle in the am,but haven't for over two years now. The best time for me is first thing when I get up. But when it's bad,it feels like a knife stuck in both sides of my heal. I have seen

1 reply 2 votes Last reply
  • jean52798 3

Planta fasciitis

my daughter is suffering with planta fasciitis and has been for about 6 months but the lady 3 months have been agonising for her, she had steroid injections but it had no affect. She has appointment in the middle of April at the hospital, but in the meanwhile she is now complaining of her knees

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • nattleskat 1

Pain after progress

Hi all. I am 30yo woman that's been struggling with bilateral PF for about a year. After changing shoes didn't help, I finally started seeing a podiatrist about two and a half months ago. The first round of steroid injections helped, but two and three didn't make a difference. Been wearing the

• lesley37942 2

Plantar facilitus

hi I have had this terrible condition for 4 months now tried tabs physio spent a fortune on orthotics and is now making feel very depressed any ideas pks

• pamela44123 2
  • emily45692 2

Any advice welcome!

I've had PF for about 3 years now in both feet. I've seen a podiatrist, physiotherapist and had a steroid injection. I've just finished 5 weeks of shock wave therapy and my foot was MUCH better up until last week and I'm now in complete agony on my left foot. My job involves standing and moving a

23 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Catian 2
  • ilu454 1

I am confused between PF ? or pinched nerve at back?

one day i came back from long cycling ride and next day i went for legs workout when i came home my right knee was numb for three days and it went with time after some days my heel started paining over long periods of standing now it been 1 year my heel pains while standing and some time pain goes

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Bloomers 1

Plantar Fasciitis

Hey. I am new to this forum. I was diagnosed as having Plantar Fasciitis in both feet (with one being worse than the other) nearly 2 months ago. I do think I had it long before it was diagnosed but just put the pain down to being on my feet too much. Firstly I tried insoles in my shoes to relieve

92 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • yasmiina 2

My plantar fasciitis is getting worse

I am a very active and sporty female who has had plantar fasciitis for a month now. It all started with me sitting in a chair and trying to curl my toes upwards when I suddenly felt a stabbing pain in my left heel. At first I thought that it was a cracked heel but was puzzled at how on earth it

148 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • stepbystep 1

Broken left leg + Plantar Fasciitis in right foot

This is an informative discussion forum relative to others I've visited, so I thank you all. I've had plantar fasciitis for a few years, done everything except surgery and that treatment in Russia (and I'm checking to see if my orthotics are made of that absorptive NASA-developed material that

Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions