Skip to content
Ad

Plantar Fasciitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • plantar fasciitis has ruined me

I am going on almost 2 years of aganizing pain and its to the point that i do not even want to walk anymore, there is no gettng up in morning and it going away, i is on the go all day. Pain meds dont work and i am not wantng pills anymore, i want relief. You think a doctor would be good with someone...

Last reply
  • Debilitating, can't walk at all. Help

The other day I woke up with pain in my foot but ignored it and kept on with my day. By the end of the night I was in so much pain I could not walk. So I went to the ER and there they said I have plantar fasciitis. The doctor only gave me a note to be excused from work for 1 day. Mind you I can't...

Last reply
  • Plantar fascitis left heel :(

I received cortisone shot Friday. How long should I wait to stretch my foot or start physical therapy to avoid tearing the fascia or a tendon?? Anyone do ART?? Does it help??

Last reply
  • My plantar fasciitis is getting worse

I am a very active and sporty female who has had plantar fasciitis for a month now. It all started with me sitting in a chair and trying to curl my toes upwards when I suddenly felt a stabbing pain in my left heel. At first I thought that it was a cracked heel but was puzzled at how on earth it would...

Last reply
  • new to group

Hi everyone! I have been having pain in the inner arch and outer heel on and off for a year. When it is bad (after walking alot) it is quite severe and has me reaching for tylenol. I got new orthotics and it seems a LITTLe bit better, am doing the stretches/strengthening as well (heel lifts on the stairs)...

Last reply
  • Surgery decision

hi I'm new to forum , long story , don't want to bore you with too much, had plantar fasciitis for about 3 years now tried everything insoles,stretching strapping had cortisone injections in heal and ultrasound guided ones had shockwave therapy acupuncture and had coblation surgery  doctor...

Last reply
  • Plantar fasciitis

Its been since friday ive had my steriod injection my foot worse then it was to begin with now i feel like fluid is building up resting it doesn't help and moving around makes it worse any suggestion

Last reply
  • Plantar Faciitis HELP!!

My mother has had Plantar Faciitis for several months, and she can't get any relief.  She had this many years ago, and had insoles made, and it finally went away. This time though, nothing is working.  She can't take any pain relieving drugs, (ie Tyelnol, Ibuprophen)  She is a...

Last reply
  • Ball of Foot Pain?

My PF started out in the heel of my foot but just over two weeks ago I started to get severe pain in the ball of my foot. There was concerns of sesamoiditis but that's been ruled out. Have any of you experienced plantar fasciitis in the ball of your foot?

Last reply
  • Naproxen

In the U.S. Naproxen is available over-the-counter.  I have used the drug in the past for pain but it doesn't seem to help with my PF. 

Last reply
  • Mild Plantar fasciitis?

I'm pretty sure this is what I have. Don't want to bother my busy GP at the moment as I'm not sure what they can do. I think the answer is in my own hands for the moment. I'm in my 60s and overweight so shedding some pounds is the first thing.  It started out with mild pain on the...

Last reply
  • plantar fasciitis

I've looked everywhere but found nothing on night time discomfort. Everytime I turn over in bed during the night I have 2-5 mins of raging pain in my feet and calves and on bad nights up into my inner thigh.  does anyone else experience this?

Last reply
  • All PF sufferers....

I have tried everything out there...podiatrists, orthopedic doctor, cortisone, orthotics, gel heel pads, new shoes/ sneakers, physical therapy, rolling on ice bottles, heating pads, stretches, non- prescription gels & prescription suave, boots, splint. My calves, despite exercise, got so painful...

Last reply
  • Plantur fascilitus

Hello have had plantur fascillitus for months not getting any better has any one had this redness on their feet and round their ankles and bruised to touch been to the doctors several times im worried i have a infection

Last reply
  • Plantar Fasciitis and leg pain

Hi, can anyone help please - I'm a teacher on my feet all day, not overweight (well maybe a little) and I've had PF for a while. I wear inserts in my shoes. During the summer I wore flat sandals and now my feet and legs are in agony. During the day, if I make the mistake of sitting down for a...

Last reply
  • What should be my next STEP?

I am a plantar fasciitis sufferer now for about 8 months now.  It started with minor heel pain which I didn't much think about, until I started an extra seasonal job for the holidays and was on my feet for 6 hours straight 5 days a week.  The pain got to be so bad that I would spend my...

Last reply
  • Wearing heels helps my heel pain??

Ok so this is weird. I have had this throbbing pain for few days now under the bottom of my foot. However I wore some heels today as I read somewhere heels can ease PF anyways if completely worked! No pain whatsoever but the min I take if off and walk barefoot the unbearable pain comes back.

Last reply
  • Plantar fasciitis or not

Hi everyone, I am a healthy (a bit overweight tbh) 28 year old female.. last week I went on a hike and slightly twisted my ankle but there was no pain at the time and I carried on. Few days later I was at work when I had a shooting pain at the side of my left foot. I couldn't even walk so I had...

Last reply
  • Plantar fasciitis is getting worse

I am on my feet for 2 nights a week for 10 hours and that's torture for me. At the end of my shift I can barely walk to the bus stop. My feet pulse and ache a lot. I have oversupination and have purchased insoles made for this condition and trainers with good cushioning but don't see an...

Last reply
  • Severe pinched nerve in left foot

i have a severe pinched nerve in my left foot. I have now been given some type of shot and it is really hurting 10 hours later. Is there not a surgery they can perform to release the pinched nerve?

Last reply
  • who know the tests for planter fasciitis?

What does x-Ray show for planter fasciitis? Who knows the tests should be done for diagnose and confirm planter fasciitis? Including blood tests and any other diagnostic procedures.. I have it for more than five years and I don't have any treatment..

Last reply
  • what to do?

Can planter fasciitis last for years? Like more than five years? The problem is the pain is in the middle of my foot and also laterally And I'm not on any treatment What causes it? In both feet? So please help... what to do?

Last reply
  • Not sure what to do

Hi, I went to the Drs back in 2013 with foot pain and they straight away said I had PF so they referred me to physio where they tried all sorts of things from stretches to insoles to acupuncture. After a year of the pain still being there and no improvements I got referred for an ultra sound. At the...

Last reply
  • What to do next

After having 3 stress fractures in feet i developed pf. At first it was an annoying pain first thing in the morning. Over the last 2 and a half years ive seen 4 different podiatrists been to pain management and have seen an orthopedic surgeon. Ive had 4 cortisone injectiions which have made it worse....

Last reply
  • Radiation Therapy

I finished three weeks of radiation therapy for plantar fasciitis and my feet continue to burn even more lately and can't sleep. Anyone else going thru this and any suggestions you can provide?

Last reply
  • Plantar faciaitis insoles are crippling me.

Hi I work in a supermarket for 6 hours 4 days a week.  I am constantly walking and standing.  I recently developed plantar faciaitis and have tried changing shoes fitting insoles including memory foam all to no avail.  I have done all the excercises and still have severe pain.  I...

Last reply
  • Heel pain shooting up leg

Anybody have the heel pain shoot up leg. I barely can stand never mind walk. I have been off work all week . But i work this weekend and on concrete floors. Last time i was at work i fell apart due to extreme pain. I clean rooms at a hotel. I end up using chair with wheels to dust room because pain was...

Last reply
  • Leg swelling after cortisone shots

Got a shot Monday in my heel for heel spur and plantar fasciitis. The shot area is very tender. Yesterday I noticed my calf is sore and today calf is swollen. Actually my whole leg is swollen. Anyone ever experience this after shot?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.