Planters faciatis

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had planters faciatis since 2011.have had surgery.used splints was in a boot.done wraps done ice bottle stretches.spent so much money on shoes need help please .my life is miserable over this pain and seems like No one knows how to fix it or understands it.i have also had injections.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi Betty I can sympathize with you I’ve done all you have less surgery. And from what ive heard im glad i didnt . lve done Physio a few times 3 pair of orthotics, then shockwave treatments, acupuncture puncture , seen three podiatrist and a nerve doctor and spent probably $3000 on shoes in the last 4 years. plus more but wont go into detail. Ive been dealing with it for 5 plus years. But the last year have had some relieve and I atribute to the shoes I finally found. HOKA is the brand,and the shoe thats best for me is the Bondie 5. which they dont make anymore.Bondie 6 replaces it,but i cant wear them.A little to high of arch. When i realized they were quiting the 5s I bought 6 pair. The odd time now i can walk 1/2 mile without much pain. But still have to be very careful not to kick ,jump even 4 in. And any thing uneven even like my lawn is to uneven. Flat pavement is best for me. But would certainly recommend trying some HOKA shoes. You may have to try diffrent models. More cushion than any other shoe ive found. LOOK forward to hearing from you if they help. Hope and Pray they help.

• Edited

I have also been dealing with this a long time. About 7 years. I've done everything possible to treat it, including surgery. Now I have scar tissue pain on top of the PF pain. I've come to the conclusion that this is as good as it will get for me and this will be a career ender. The one thing that has helped me get through 12 hr hospital shifts this far....Hoka shoes. The Bondi 6 at work, and the black rubber recovery sandals at home. I couldn't have worked this long without them. And I've spent thousands on failed shoes over the years.

• Posted

Do try Sketchers 'Go Walk' Goga Max shoes. I was in dreadful pain, and could hardly walk until i bought a pair of those.

It has transformed my life. They ought to be on the NHS!

I was limping all the time and felt I was going to fall when walking.

Not all Sketchers are the same though,

I think it must be the ones I mention that are best for pain relief.

• Posted

I've been there. I play a lot of pickleball and had a dreadful case of plantar fasciitis for about a year. Here is how I have been able to manage it so that it is no longer an issue. I say manage it because I have to do this after every time I play pickleball.

I take 1/4 of a 10mg cyclobenzaprine right after pickleball or any exercise, and then another 1/4 in about 3-4 hours and then another in 3-4 hours. I don't take it all at once as it can make me tired if I do that. Then I use a electric massager on my lower leg, below the knee, multiple times later in the day. I don't use it on my feet or anywhere else on my body - only on my lower leg. I use it on all of the muscles of my calves, the muscle in front by the shin. I try to hit all the tender places, no bones, but tender muscles.

I used to have pain every morning that was crippling and had pain throughout the day and couldn't really play or exercise to my fullest because of the plantar fasciitis. This is no longer an issue!!

For me this has been live changing!

To be clear. I take 2.5mg of cyclobenzaprine (generic flexeril) immediately after a workout and keep doing it every 3-4 hours.

Then, and this is the most important aspect, I use an electric massager on my calves and lower leg on and off every few hours for about 5 minutes each leg trying to work on spots that feel they need it. The more often you use the massager on your lower leg, the faster you will heal.

The plantar fasciitis is all about the lower leg muscles! Those muscles are what is causing the foot pain - remember that!!

Do this and you will definitely change your life! I would definitely try this for at least a week before any more injections. Let me know if you have any questions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.