PF back again

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

As I have said before PF takes many forms and causes and after several years free of the stabbing heel pain like a nail in the front of the heel I now have a pain around the heel that feels as though I've bruised it not the stabbing pain. I think it may be the form called policemans heel so I have increased the cushioning in my walking boots so now have gel heel pads, gel PF insoles and ordinary insoles and it makes walking bearable. I have just tied a roll on Pain relief called Biofreeze and the pain is much reduced better than the Voltarol I had been using so worth a try if you are a fellow sufferer. Manged my weeks skiing OK with PF insoles in my skiboots and fortunatly the boots take the strain off the foot as they clamp the whole foot and ankle so most of your wieght is tranferred to the calf, unfotunatly they are hell to walk far in otherwise I would be clumping around in them at home.

Best of luck to you all and hope you find something that works for you.

Chris

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Chris

Sorry to hear you have plantar fasciitis back thats a worry i have having not recovered yet after 17 months although it is a whole lot better than it was. Im a hill walker and have only recently started to walk more than just a few miles. Im interested in the biofreeze tied on ? I know the spray which i use after a walk once i have plunged my foot in ice and water to reduce the inflammation. Can you explain more ? Did you have an insole made or just an over the counter type? Good luck with getting improvement with this awful condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.