Excercise with PF

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I have been diagnosed with this miserable condition - foot pain just where the PF connects to the heel. Have had this for over a month and nothing seems to help, have reduced running, stretching, icing - nothing seems to work 😦 As someone who was keen on running (which I find great for reducing stress / anxiety) can anyone give advice on what exercises I should / shouldn't do ? I have now just about stopped running near altogether and have given indoor football a rest (it hurt the most after this) but would still like to continue to be active.

Many thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you considered cycling. I have this condition and use my daughters exercise bike with no ill effects.

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you for reply. Yes - have tried cycling but really have to go like the clappers just to get my heart rate up and working. Can I ask if you have had this problem for long and any tips for trying to be rid of it ? Driving me slowly mad 😦

• Posted

Not really going to see the Physiotherapist on Monday for the first time have to wait and see what she says. I am going walking every week still whether or not She will recommend I continue to do that or not I will find out when I see her.

Has your cycle some way of turning up how difficult it is or if it's a real cycle could you just not run a higher gear?

regards

Stuart

• Posted

Hello,

I know exactly how you feel when it comes to exercising. Plantar Fasciitis is really an awful thing to have. I have had it for a long time and wish it would just go away. Anyways, try some exercise bike riding and if your feet/foot is hurting afterwards, use some ice for the pain. That is what I do, it does seem to help and try a little walking even if it is just for a few minutes.

Hope you will feel better eventually. I have my good/bad days, but that is what happens..

• Posted

Crispy, this is a copy of an earlier response I have given on plantar fasciitis: Sorry to hear about your disorder. I am a retired physician and plantar fasciitis patient. I got plantar fasciitis around February 2016. After about four months, it completely resolved.

Here's what I think. Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the attachment of the plantar fascia to the heel bone, and/or some minimal tearing of the plantar fascia - just a few fibers - that results, naturally, in inflammation . . . like a "pulled muscle." Inflammation hurts until it heals and resolves.

So what's so difficult about curing P.F.? Well we walk on it!!! Let's say we take 5000 steps a day. Imagine inflammation of your elbow, (i.e. tennis elbow). Imagine taking your sore "tennis elbow" and wacking it against the wall, 5000 times a day. Think it would heal quickly? I don't either.

So my cure for plantar fasciitis is cushion, cushion and cushion!!! That's right - cushion the heel. Here's what I did. First, I wore the plantar fasciitis "relief bridge" gel-heel innersole in my shoes - that I got at Walgreen's for about $11. Make sure your innersoles are soft and preferably made of gel. (I plan to use mine indefinitely in my shoes.) Then I wore a pair (usually) of nice thickish sox. On my heel I wore fasciitis therapy wrap padded supports that I got on the internet for about $13. (I don't wear them any more.) So when I had my PF, under my heels I had 3 cushion layers. I wore this about 24 hours a day - except when in the shower or swimming. And after about 4 months, the PF was totally gone. And I would suggest to you, have patience, not surgery.

That's what I think. I hope this helps you and the many other sufferers of plantar fasciitis. Good Luck to you, doknabox/JerryR

• Posted

You know I have also heard that plantar fasciitis can happen to someone who is overweight as well. Which I am .. but I am going to start working on that right away.

Too much weight on your feet can make them hurt, I definitely know that for sure.

Just a thought.. Aimee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.