Tenex and PRP injection for plantar fasciitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

After suffering w/ plantar fasciitis for 6 years and trying almost everything to fix it, my third opinion doctor is offering Tenex and PRP injections. Finally, a little hope after 2 other doctors had nothing else to help me. I'm looking for people who've had either of these treatments to tell me how their recovery was, and if they were successful.

I've had steroid shots in both feet, surgery in the rt foot, multiple rounds of PT, and every implement known to man to try to fix this. I'm no longer able to do my job-requires standing/walking for 12 hour shifts (hospital)- because of the terrible pain. Desperate to find something that helps.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Leah - i had tried everything also and went for 3 shots of PRP last summer. Although the needles are no picnic and wearing the boot was a drag, it has cured my PF. I haven't had any PF pain going on to 8 months post treatment now. I had an ultrasound to measure the size of the plantar fascia both before and after treatment. It is sort of a measure to see where things are at. The PF shrunk after the treatment. Hope you have the same success. For me, I hope it is lasting. Cheers.

• Posted

I had PRP injections for my knee and a friend then had PRP for planter fasciitis. PRP did not work for either of us and cost a fortune. My friend has had virtually everything under the sun too for PF. If you find something I am sure she would like to know.

• Posted

Leah Believe it or not I actually put myself on crutches for awhile to stay off my foot. Yes it took some time doing it that way bit it made my pain in my foot go away. I also used a splint on my foot and a brace . I have to admit my crutches help me a lot in sever ways. Do to the fact if i put weight on my affected foot . Rest when you need to as well that also help too. keep as much weight off your foot as you can. If you have crutches take advantage of them and use them for awhile.

• Posted

After 11 months of foot pain and eventually hand pain a neurologist ordered a blood test and found my B6 was 3 to 4 times normal which can cause increased nerve pain sensation. She said to stop taking a multi vitamin for several weeks. All those have too much B6. I found websites that confirm. Hoping for improvement. Easy to check. I hope you will find a solution.

• Posted

Hi, I done both Tenex and PRP injections, nothing works for me. I did the PRP injection back in April 2020 and did Tenex July 2020. It's been 6 weeks and still in lots of pains.both procedures are painless excepted Tenex was a little swollen. Have to wear boot for first 2 weeks and can bear some weight after 2 weeks. But spending too much time and effort in this problem. I saw they also offered radiation shoots and wonder which doctor have that capability to do that.Good luck to you and I hope it works out for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.