Partial Plantar Fascia Tear

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with a partial tear of the Plantar Fascia that us 9 to 11mm long. Does anyone know what length of tear constitutes a small tear, or what length is a large tear.

Have done a lot of research, but cannot find any info anywhere.

Appreciate any advice

Cheers

Greg

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

oh boy that is so dog gone painful and takes a 'lifestyle change' (temporary) to heal. it’s a tall order in order to assist your future to be pain free and avoid more injuries and avoid those painful surgeries.

In my case I wear hard arch supports in all shoes, practice a good walking gate. i purchased rocker shoes they take the pressure off old gait and restore new gait avoiding heal pain.

I have torn patella in both knees and these shoes have given me better mobility and a better quality of life., releif from pain in knees. wearing rocker shoes temporary until pain subsides then regular shoes with good solid arches in soft padded insoles can be warn .

However, plantar is a wear and tear tissue injury from constant repetitive motion, adjust the way you do things. do you roll your ankles when you walk. Rocker shoes will help you to walk correctly giving plantar time to heal up to 6 months

Using 'Mindfulness' while approaching daily activities by plannimg activities ahead of time. Slow down .

Ice and rest feet. pad inside shoes around the injury with ballet foam or mole foam if needed.

these are the techniques that got me back on my feet.

shots in the bottoms didn't work , custom arches from pediatrist didn't, many therapies did't help . Only until surgery was the only option left . i did not choose surgery instead i used the suggestions above.

new shoes with hard style arches in good soft insole shoes and rocker shoes to improve gait...ice feet and rest ...took pressure points off heel . I changed repetitive movements , slowed down....all this allowed the arch to heal and continues to be a solution today.

That's my story and I'm sticken to it.

I'ts what got my mobility back with no foot pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.