Absolutely Zero appetite anyone experience this too ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I was on 150 mgs of Amitriptyline for 5 years and quit cold turkey. I have zero appetite taste food but get no pleasure from it and can never know when I'm full. Is there anyone here who has also experienced this ? If so did appetite ever return ?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Allen,

I have not (yet) experienced that bc I currently take 100mg of Amitriptyline. Due to the weight gain & other side effects I will be going off this medication, but I will NOT go COLD TURKEY 😲 I hope you didn't have withdrawls like many do! 😬

I've never heard of anyone having loss of hunger after stopping this medicine. How's your smell & taste of food? And what does your Doctor say?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.