Absorption problem ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

what ever I eat my body dosen't seem to make use of it and I just don't gain weight .... if anyone has been through this please any advise of how to fascilitate my absorption ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Pretty sure that's what I've been going through for the past two years I don't lose much weight because I continue eating I'm 47 at 200 pounds but we can muscles not like they should be anymore have some cramping in lower legs and you should to lift weights a lot so I know how they should feel seems like lactic acid build up too fast and last too long I do all the right supplements I don't overdo it take protein and now it seems I might be anemic is really the only thing we have found I think also I not absorbing b12 too well. Have you had blood work done to see what you're deficient in. Also what is your past medical history and current symptoms
  • Posted

If you cant gai nany weight eating..that can be the sign of serious problems. 

1)Diabetes...have your glucose and H1AC checked...

2)Amyloidosis.  that diagnosis cant be made easily...and you need other symptoms..leg edema...extreme fatigue.. etc.

3)Ulcerative colitis or gastric bleed or  iron deficeincty oranemia..get your red blood cells checked. anemia and iron tests

4)Parasites in the intestines..possible flatworn/ tapeworn etc

get blood work , stool tests for blood and ova/.parasites to start..

You need blood work..stool twesting for blood and parasite..

4)Thyroid issue or similair endocrine disorder

• Posted

Go and get a bottle of METATONE from a chemist ,it's what's given to patients in convalecence ,I had same problem ,I was malnourished from a 4 month long illness ,lost over 4 stone in weight ,couldn't put weight on  it was a concerned nurse in my local drs practise ,who put me onto this METATONE .Took just 1 1/2 bottles ,but it did give my body it's kick start ,which food didn't after the 4 months ,go look up ,that nurse was my Angel ,as I looked dreadful.its stacked with good vitamins ,I never looked back ,Im back up to my weight ,but you need to take it religiously ,it will work ,I promise ,it will increase your appetite .
  • Posted

Hi, Marieelle- Please do as there's suggested and have full bloodwork done. Another possibility is Coeliac Disease. You can find answers or rule out causes with the right tests. Good luck!
  • Posted

Yes, get blood work done and ask your physician about taking probiotics

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.