Abuse

Posted , 3 users are following.

What happens if I abuse Zoloft or take a to many!? I'm at 25mg and have notice it's barley doing anything so I uped my self to 50mg in the 2nd week..

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Upping a SSRI is not a good idea on your own. Keep your Dr in the loop. I've made mistakes myself with dosages and had consequences. They may have a plan to up or down or even change. Just not a good idea making your own call on that.

• Posted

But what could happen!? What happened when you "mixed" up the does!?

• Posted

As a basic response to your question: Zoloft can be prescribed at upto 200mg as an outpatient. Psychiatrists can prescribe higher with inpatients as they have extremely close monitoring.. half hourly obs minimum. I've experienced this myself and seen it with others patients (and also with many other drugs) to. However this doesnt mean its safe for you to go beyond 200, as everyone is different and your medical history and current medical 'state' is key to making these kinds of descisions. I'd speak to your GP, but at 50mg I wouldnt worry. If you increase too quickly though you could experience more intense side effects. Hope you find something that works for you.

• Posted

Also as a general rule, it can take 4-8 weeks for you to feel the benefits of a dose. So I wouldn't be suprised you didnt feel any better after a week. Mental health meds can also make you feel worse before they make you feel better, mainly in terms of side effects making you feel bad and therefore exagerating your current mental state.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.