Acceptance of the mighty PMR

Posted , 12 users are following.

Partly in response to Flipdovers "what I hate" thread (Hiya Flip), I thought I would go the opposite way and start this conversation.

I have been off sick for one year now. Dx'd in December '15, started on 25mg and now sitting on 10mg for a few weeks before tapering again.

I was wondering if anybody else feels as I do. I dont really mind having this thing. Dont get me wrong, I would much rather it wasn't hanging around, but as I've always been fit and healthy, I knew that as I  reach 60 (this Dec) that I would probably be succeptable to one of the serious illnesses. Well it hit me bad when it did come, but after 9 or 10 months on pred I seem to have a bit of control over it. There are so many things that I could have got (and still could I know) that this one is one of the more favourable ones to have got.

It has changed my life and outlook completely. I try not to look on the negative things and try to see the good in situations now. OK, I cant do a lot of the things that I used to enjoy, running was something that was akin to meditation for me and financially we're in a bit of a pickle but it has given be time to re-adjust and re-align myself. 

I still have my moments when I get fed up with some of the pains and sleepless night etc. 

I dont like being on steroids but the alternative is far worse. When I remember how it felt, physically and emotionally before my diagnosis when I thought I was going mad because they couldn't tell me what was wrong, I find myself sitting, because of the fatigue or aches, just thinking of what it was like a year ago and count my blessings.

Still can't do a press up but I will one day.

Stay happy people and dont go to Flips thread and say that you hate that sanctimonious idiot Tastyron.cheesygrin

Ron

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

LOLOLOL, I've only just found this post Ron!

As you probably realise, my post wasn't meant to be serious (I am rarely a serious person!)

I too have 'accepted' my situation and have learnt to enjoy going slower. I certainly don't let things stress me out like they used to! I don't take everyone elses' crap on board - not my problem. Only do what you have to, and enjoy the quite moments.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.