access to work /pip

Posted , 2 users are following.

as i said in resent post apply for pip got turn down awaiting appeal in 2weeks,i apply for acess to work grant which was granted as i have p/t job 3hours aday  i got it cause i have mobilty issues cant walk far cant use public transpor twas wodering if i should let tribunal no about this .and would it go aganist me was on lrc/hrm when iwas on dla.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What is your job Cuzsa?
    • Posted

i work for the open university in birmingham,as a porter. cover reception and other little jobs around office for 3hours a day.not much walking and lifting involed
    • Posted

The Tribunal may want to know more about your job. If you are simply a receptionist then obviously this would not require much mobility although they might ask questions on how you travel to work.

Describing yourself as a 'porter' would bring images of fetching and carrying which could be problematic for someone with mobility issues.

The golden rule is consistency. You can work whilst claiming PIP but if your job conflicts with what you have stated in your claim then you are causing problems for yourself.

• Posted

Yes my job title is a porter But I do not do much carrying and fetching the most I will do is collect the mail ready to be collected by the postman direct students To the rooms meet and greets and monitor the TV screens and wait for security to come and lock up the building so very little walking up and down the job I do caters for my disability
    • Posted

That's fine so if you are asked about it by the Tribunal give the full explanation and don't let them assume things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.