Accid reflux and chills

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.

Does any else get all over body chills with reflux, experiencing horrible pain between shoulder blades at moment together with chills all over

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kate,

definately have exactly the same symptons that you describe.  I feel very cold when I am nauseaus and burping.  Having to put multiple jumpers on.  Terrible back all day today between the shoulders.  When the nausea goes because the acid pills have worked I don’t feel cold.  Maybe the cold is because we feel poorly and it’s bodies way of putting warmth somewhere else.  Have you been told any information on how you fell by drs?

• Posted

Hi Sue

Nice to hear from you again, I've been to four different doctors in as many weeks and they all say more or less same thing, that once I had endoscopy last year they don't seem to want to do one now, but I didn't have this awful pain a year ago or chills and under rib cage pain, I don't honestly know where to turn now, I feel I really need an endoscopy to see if my oesophagus is damaged I'm very worried about barratts

• Posted

Kate,  I can’t remember if you’ve had an ultrasound or not?  Just wondering as gallstones cause these symptoms as well.  Still waiting for my appointment to come through, nothing is quick unless you have a load of money you want to spend on the tests.  
    • Posted

Hi Sue, yes I had an ultrasound 3weeks ago and all was fine they said but I still feel wretched, can't help feeling like maybe somethings being missed, can reflux really make you feel this ill, as I've said the pain in my back is very frightening, wish I cud find a doctor who cared enough to find out what's wrong, how are you feeling today

• Posted

Hi Kate,

thats good your ultrasound was ok.  It’s interesting though your symptoms are identical.  I don’t feel sick now when I get up but after having breakfast an hour later I do then feel cold.  I think that’s stomach acid been made to digest the food.  The burping is releasing it some how.  The feeling sick really does make you feel ill so I can sympathise with you.  By evening though or afternoon my symptoms have gone myrelativebdriend says it’s because maybe the Zantac has worked or food is making my stomach better,  it is worrying.  I’ve had Zantac and it’s all feeling better,  also my stomach is gurgling or making as much noise or as bloated when I take this pill.   Your gp probably doesn’t want to refer you as this comes out of their budget.  I’ll keep reading to see how you get on. 

• Posted

Hi Sue

Just out of gp again almost out of fone battery, will contact you in a while

• Posted

Yes with the shoulder blade pain although mines more neck pain which radiates to the shoulders. Never understood why it happens ?
  • Posted

Kate, ask your doctor for a referral for an endoscopy, it’s needed.  If the doctor refuses, change doctors. 
    • Posted

Hi Stuart,

Tks for replying, I've asked 4 doctors in past 4 weeks for endoscopy referral, but can't get one as I had endoscopy last year, it's so worrying

• Posted

Hi Kate.   I had one in March and one in September both nhs. So what they are telling you is crap., demand it don’t ask. Would you be so kind to let me know what the endoscopy you had done  last year actually showed ?  
    • Posted

By the way Stuart were your two endoscopies o. K.?
    • Posted

I’ve just been reading Kate that the hernia can cause back ache I wonder if It is that causing the back ache.  Just thought I’d message and say that x 
    • Posted

Hi Sue

Tks for that, I didn't know, it would be great if that explained it, as I said earlier before my battery died, I was back at gp this morning, explained all to her again, she is checking out bloods again and urine sample, I have blood in my urine for past 5 year's, no one can seem to find out why, anyway she had put me on the combination of antibiotics for her polyri even though I tested negative for it, she said that when people are on long term ppi it can be hard to find her polyri,

Hope you are having a good day today, thank you for talking to me on this forum, hopefully by exchanging that info we can keep helping each other. Kate

• Posted

Sorry Sue, I meant h polyri
    • Posted

biggrin I guessed H Pylori it’s this spell check on here.  It’s hard work getting them to understand and it’s not somewhere we want to be a gp surgery, I hate it.  At least you are getting bloods checked.  The diaphragm is near the hernia that’s why it can cause back ache, it’s this internet I should stop googling.  Forums like this are good though as we can relay information weve learned from our vists to gps etc.  I feel fine thank you, it’s the Zantac it works I think.  Look after yourself x if I learn anything I’ll post it.
    • Posted

Hi Kate,

how owe are you have your symptoms eased a bit?  My stool test for H Pylori was negative so I’m relieved.  I wasn’t on PPI then like now too.  You can come off the PPI for a few weeks before the test so they are out your system.  I go for ultrasound on Thursday of abdomen so I’ll let you know about it.  I hate these things causes me stress worrying I’m sure you’re the same.  Are the antibiotics treating you ok, no ill effects?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.