accident after surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello,i could really need an opinion cause i'm very afraid and i don't want to bother my doctor so often.. i had a forearm surgery 42 days ago (cut radial nerve,flexor tendon,,chepalic vein and a smal part of the radial forearm bone) i took off the plaster 5 days ago,but yesterday while i was walking i slipped on ice and fell and hit my arm on the ground. i felt pain around my wrist for an hour and then the pain dissapeared. now i only feel stiffness under my 3 fingers (thumb,index finger and middle finger) could some of the tissues be split or cut or i dont know?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Call the doctor.  Especially since you had nerve damage to begin with...good luck!
  • Posted

Hey,  Forget about the "I don't want to bother MY doctor so often".  YOU are the important one.  His/her purpose it to help YOU with every aspect of your recovery.  At the very least call the doctors office and tell them what happened and ask for guidance.  Follow it and if it doesn't work right call again and again.  They are the medical professionals.  You are worthy of the BEST care from professionals.  Don't ever feel that you are bothering anyone when you have questions about your health situation.  I repeat, you are the important one!  You fell and had pain and now stiffness.  You have important questions.  Don't be afraid to call.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.