accident in shop kick started a flare up

Posted , 4 users are following.

Evening everyone. Hope ur all ok.

I had an accident in a chemist while I was waiting for my med's. Something fell onto bad shoulder. I have cs , fs, and the rest. Im on 21 different meds for pain but I have had to have an extra 2 tablets due to pain. Anyway it was reported straight away. But it has caused me 5 days of pain not been able to sleep on that side and when i've turned over it's woken me up. I have had extra meds plus gp gave me some capsaicin cream to see if it would help with the muscle spasms. Im not a greedy person. They offered me £75 gift card but my friends says I should ask for more. What would any of you guys do if you was in this situation.

Thanks for reading this P x☺

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I agree with your friends you should ask fo4 more It should never have happened in the first place. .
  • Posted

While things are different in the UK vs the US for slip/fall injuries and tort law, I think morality is universal.  You have a pre-existing condition, but if their negligence caused you permanent damage, then you have a right to be compensated for that injury.  But, with C.S., you wont know for a few weeks yet, if the damage is permanent and has worsened your condition, or if it has just caused a flare up.  So, I would not sign anything yet; I would wait and see, and if they call and ask how you are, avoid the normal "I'm fine, thank you" that is so common to say, as it implies you are better.  If the flare up goes away and this singular incident did no harm then your injuries are more limited.   A few years ago, my daughter and I got food poisoning at a nice Italian restaurant.  She was immediately ill, and I got ill the next day, for 3 painful days of salmonella poisoning.  The restaurant denied the problem, so I called the health inspectors out and they found the issue - it was a faulty refrigerator that stored their salmon, so we ainted tainted meat late at night.   They pain for all my meds, my daughters meds, my doctor visit and a few hundred to each of us for pain and suffering.   The amount worked out to be $750 US.  I never took them to court and I thought the amount was fair.  Others would have sued them for thousands of dollars.
    • Posted

Hi. Had another call from company and as I said i'm not greedy and not into this sueing state. They made me an offer which I thought was very good and kind of them. Thanks for the replys Px
    • Posted

What ?  You keeping all the money for y'self after we helped you out  ?  Nice one !
    • Posted

Yeah I am, all of it Gerry. It wont go far. I'm not greedy and I can't be bothered with taking it further. I did thank everyone ☺🍺🍺🍺🍸🍸🍸🍺🍺🍺there you go Gerry have a drink on me😉x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.