Accidental double dose HRT .625 Premarin

Posted , 2 users are following.

I take multiple different medications and find that if I am distracted while taking my pills, I can't always remember which ones I've taken.  I currently take .625 mg of Premarin and 2.5 medroxyprogesterone.

Tonight I couldn't remember if I'd taken it or not and took it again so I may have double dosed.  My question is has anyone asked their doctor if in this case it is better to risk missing a pill or taking 2.  

I notice they do make a pill that is the exact double dose of this so I guess it's not qa dangerous amount, but is it better to have too much or not enough once in a while.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I think it's best u miss a dose rather than double up..just continue with it after I don't think one will.make a difference if u forget often u may get breakthrough bleeding or spotting xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.