Accidentally lifted 26 pounds after Bullectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

On August 12 2019, I had a bullectomy because of my spontaneous pneumothorax. (Removed the blebs, stuck my lung to my chest wall). My chest tube was removed on August 14 and the doctor said everything looked great. I'm recovering well, but I just accidentally picked up my 1 and a half year old nephew of approx. 26 pounds. I know I was not supposed to as you should not lift over 10 pounds for 4-6 weeks, but the dogs leash was under his legs while the dog was running, and had I not, he would have been pulled (forcefully) down the steps.

I can still take a full deep breath but am definitely more sore than I was prior to picking him up. I'm hoping this is just due to stress on the incision and not damage to my lung itself. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Evening, I had the same surgery in May 2019 I didnt experience what you have but I would definitely get it checked out. Do you still have your stitch in? If the stitch is still in place, I would just get the doctor to check that the stitch is still in place properly. I hope this helps and good luck with the recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.