Skip to content

Pneumothorax

All discussions in this group

Next
  • numbness and very tight feeling after vats surgery

After having 3 collapses within 2months of feb and march, had vats pleurodesis with talc and wedge resection. Its been about 4 months post op and still a portion of my left chest and upper portion of my abdomen  is completly numb. I think the nerves were severed during surgery because my abdominal...

Last reply
  • Side effects after VATS?

Ive read through most of the posts looking for a similar complaint but haven't found one yet. I had VATS after a right lung SP 2 months ago. It took 3 chest tubes to finally fix the collapse. After I stopped using pain meds (about 2 weeks post op) I noticed a strange sensation in my throat and abdomen....

Last reply
  • Life after a Pneumothorax

I am 35 yrs old and suffered a SP in May 2014 followed by a bullectomy and VATS pleurodesis in July 2014. I was walking to my front door when it happened, I thought I had suffered a heart attack, the pain was intense and my left side went numb and it was hard to breathe.  Having a SP and lung surgery...

Last reply
  • Hiking in high altitude with pneumothorax

In January 2017 I had a spontanious pneumothorax.  On July 4th 2018 I will be going to Colorado and was planning on doing some hiking.  With this coming up I have a few questions in mind:   At what elevations would I be at an increased risk of having another pneumothorax?...

Last reply
  • Flying with blebs after pleurodesis

I have had pneumothorax in both my left and right lungs back in 2012. I have had pleurodesis during my second lung collapse. Since then, I have had no more problems. 2 years ago, I was planning a trip to China so I went in to get checked up. It was discovered I have bilateral spical bullous disease....

Last reply
  • After the tube insertion

Heey guys .. i’ve done the pneumothorax tube insertion surgey (right lung) a month and a half ago .. and now am planning to join a gym for weight gain and building muscles, so i’ll be lifting weights, will it affect me and would i get the pneumothorax back?

Last reply
  • Pain after Pneumothorax

I am 28 years old athletic female.I have a very healthy lifestyle I eat well and work out 4-5 times/week.i had two spontaneous Pneumothorax 3 years ago on the left lung. I went under the surgery to fix the problem.I recovered well however I left with pain.I have sudden sharp pain on the left side it...

Last reply
  • Spontaneous Pneumothorax

I am a 46 year old female and non smoker. A month ago I had spontaneous  Pneumothorax.  Based on CT scan I have blebs. For  the past 6!days before I was diagnosed with pneumothorax I had sudden shoulder pain and back pain.  Then eventually followed by SOB with exertion.  At night...

Last reply
  • Pneumothorax re occurance?

Hey folks for those of you whom have had VATS or pleuraldesis and all of that how many of you have had that fail and another collapse happen? After the surgery I had the phantom pains for awhile like I was having a collapse but those have gone away and things good for years now. However the past week...

Last reply
  • Pneumothorax like symptoms 1 year on from surgery

Hi I am just looking to speak to people in the same situation really, and whether anybody can give me any advice. I am a 21 year old female who first started getting spontanius pneumothorax's when i was 19 on both lungs. Last year (when I was 20) they operated on both lungs, on seperate occassions,...

Last reply
  • After Pneumothorax tube insertion

hello i had a tube insertion 2 weeks ago due to primary spontaneous Pneumothorax and my right lung recovered well after the tube insertion, but unfortunately i have a pain on my back that rises to my chest and makes it harder to be to breath and then i cough, that happens every time i kneel down or pick...

Last reply
  • How to cure you pneumothorax

I am tall and slim, and had a pneumothorax about 9 years ago. I would then regularly get holes in the lung. Doctors had no answers why. After years of personal research I found it was extremely simple and obvious what the problem was...Dehydration. I never drank water, only tea or occasional alcohol....

Last reply
  • Recovering from pneumonthorax

I’m 47 and have just been discharged from a 12 day stay in hospital with a collapsed lung. I’m generally fit and well and a non smoker, still no answers as to why this happened! Any advice for this recovery period from people who have been through it and what I can expect going forwards? I’m the opposite...

Last reply
  • 5 yrs since my double pneumothorax, flying safe?

My husband and I were t-boned in an intersection on my side, causing my ribs to break, pneumothorax, which collapsed again after the doctors repaired it. My apprehension is flying. I read here several years ago that someone had a pneumothorax 3 years earlier, took a flight and her lung collapsed....

Last reply
  • 861 861

Odd lung recovery

Hello all!  I have kind of a complicated story here.  On Jan 9th of 2015 I was working undercover as a narcotics detective.  This op came to an abrupt end when I was shot 8 times in the chest and abdomen with a .45 handgun.  Every one of my major organ minus my heart and brain were...

Last reply
  • Pneumothorax recurrence after VAT pleurodesis

Hi all! So after having multiple spontaneous pneumothorax on my right and left lung I had VAT pleurodesis on both of my lungs. My right lung was done last December, everything was ok until August, in which I had a slight pneumothorax. After seeing the doctor it seemed that it was relatively small (3cm)...

Last reply
  • Feeling like this will never end

Its been 5yrs now since my r side plurodescise lung opp from a pneumothox, i average 20-30 hospital visits a year. Wen they operated on me they discharge me weeks later with a referal to pain clinic that didnt exist, i got stuck in limbow with every pain clinic saying its a nother ones job, my local...

Last reply
  • some tips maybe?

hey everybody few years ago I had spontaneous pneomotorax twice befour my surgery. then I was fine for 3 years almost and I smoked some joints with weed. then it happened surprised me . and the doctors put talc. was wondering if some of you have experience with vaporizing weed because it's not...

Last reply
  • Pneumothorax never fully recovered. Certain blips.

Hi there, I had spontaneous pneumothorax when I was 17. This was recurring 3 times and I had surgery and chest tubes. On the last round of pneumothorax they did a procedure where they inflamed my lungs so it can attach to my chest wall? Sorry this was quite some time ago and I do know the technical...

Last reply
  • Life after VATS for pneumothorax

I’ve had several pneumothorax on both left and right lung. My right lung was the most recent 2 years ago, the numbness in the right went away however the left is still there.  Most recently, I had minor back pain on the right side went in for an xRay and it was a small pneumothorax. Has this happened...

Last reply
  • LAM

Hi My lung collasped 3 weeks ago. Doctors say it was spontaneous and when biopsy came back it was a lung disease. LAM. Are anyone familiar with this.

Posted
  • Pnemothorax

My son lung Collapse 5 days Ago.😞 I cant express how sad Im for my 14 years old. I feel so sad for what he will be going throgh.. or meany not... My son Is very healthy teenager but he is tall and skinny youngone. I Never hear about this pnemothorax until now. Im looking for old people around...

Last reply
  • Pneumothorax

On Feb 6th 2018 i went in to get a tummy tuck, come to find out after a ambulance ride to the hospital and not knowing anything that was happening until i felt this horrible pain and could hear myself scream that my lung collapsed, and they were inserting a chest tube, i spent 6 days in the hospital...

Last reply
  • Post Pneumothorax pain in back + shortness of breath

I am now 3 weeks post op, I got my chest tube out about 3 weeks ago and got home. I had a few pains here and there as I knew that would be happening. But a few days ago I developed what my regular doctor had told me is called Si? Or side breathing? It feels like I lose my breath and feels like something...

Last reply
  • Small Pneumothorax lung after vats with pleurodesis

I am a 21 year old male, 5'10 and around 135 pounds. My right lung has been collapsing about once a year since I was 17 and always thought I was pulling a muscle so I ignored it. Fast forward to now and I kept getting the pain every 2-3 weeks, so i decided to go to the doctor and to my surprise was...

Last reply
  • CPAP machine - lung pain

I had pleurodesis over 30 years ago. Since then, I have had a few episodes where a bleb popped and it was painful, but I knew the lungs could not collapse. I started using a CPAP machine a few weeks ago due to snoring and sleep apnea and I have noticed some minor lung pain in the mornings. Today...

Last reply
  • Vats Surgery Pain and Numbness

I had Vats surgery Nov 2017, I still have pain and lots of numbness. I'm also experiencing soreness to my stomach and numbness also. I can't put any pressure to help assist with bowel and bladder. I have shooting pains to my breast and nipple and there's so much pain and numbness still and...

Last reply
  • Normal to still feel numb and pain after 6 month?

In September I was rushed into hospital to have keyhole surgery from a Pneumothorax. I still get pains when I breathe deeply or when I cough/sneeze. When I rub my chest it still feels numb, im just wondering if this will be normal even after 6 month? The consultant also said I should be fine to attend...

Last reply
  • I had VATS surgery a year and half ago

Hi I had VATS surgery a year and half ago in my right lung. Since my surgery I always feel the numbness and pinching in my right rib from front to back. It’s very painful feeling everyday.  I always have my therapy and back massage to ease the pain. I always do breathing exercises every 3hre using...

Posted
  • Post keyhole surgery gurgling sound in my lung 2 weeks after

I am a 20 year old guy that has had 2 pneumothraxes in the past 2 years, the doctors decided after the 2nd one it was time for some preventative surgery. so I had keyhole surgery and was fitted with 2 chest drains. I recovered really well in the 1st 2 weeks, but I started to develop a very sharp pain...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.