Pneumo/VATS/pleurisy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone else whos had multiple SP and then VATS plagued with pleurisy these days?

This will be my 2nd time dealing with pleurisy in past 12 weeks we are around 2.5yrs since VATS and other procedures while they were in there . my body literally hates me for steroids antibiotics and it feels like someones trying to rip the lung from chest wall

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Not sure what SP means but I had Vats in November last year. I've been told by pulmonologist that what I'm feeling is pleurisy and is normal. Just had steroids and antibiotics just in case. Use to get pleurisy several times a year so I know exactly how you feel and it's no fun!! Thank goodness I've only had it once since surgery. Hope you feel better soon and God's blessings to you and your family always!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.