Pneumothorax

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have just undergone vats with pleurodesis 16 fays ago. it's been 11 days since the chest tube was removed but the wound is still fresh and it still hurts. There was no medicine given for the fast healing of wound, and the medicine given as pain reliever was non-steroidal anti inflammatory. I have read that anti inflammatory medicine is not recommended after pleurodesis. Why was it prescribed to me by my surgeon? And what medicine did you take for the fast healing of wound?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi rosalyn , my son had surgery on both sides . He was given pain reliever to take once home . Told to stay away from anti imflammatory medicine , as it would have reverse effect to what the surgery was doing. He was given honey dressings to use , which help healing . They were great . Healing does take quite a bit of time . I would visit your local nurse , just to get wound checked , and also enquire about the honey dressing . Take Care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.