Pleurodesis help

Posted , 4 users are following.

My teenage  son had bilateral pneumothorax . Due to his height doctors said . He’s 6ft 3 . He had talc procedure on both sides within a week of each other . This was over a year ago . He’s now coughing a lot and can feel tightness in his chest again . Has anyone else experienced this . 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have had the procedure on both lungs, 4 years apart. I coughed for weeks after the second one. They say it was inflammation in the lung, it did eventually clear up. I took tumeric which is good for inflammation. However, 5 months later I was short of breath I later learned I had another small pneumonia, but with rest, it healed itself.
    • Posted

Hi Marie , thank you for your message . Have you only had the one episode since surgery ?  My son is coughing every month with chest tightness .  At start of July it lasted 2 weeks but like yourself it cleared it . But August it’s starting again . The frequency is concerning me . 
  • Posted

Hi like your son I gad both lungs done within a week. The coughing will never go away it will always for the rest of his life be there. Trust me there is nothing to worry about. Just over sensitive to varying factors. Pressure, temperature, dust, pollen the list goes on and on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.