Hello

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have suffered so many pneumothorax, it started since I was 14 years old. Now I am 25 and still suffering from it. I had more than 15 surgeries. From wrong chest tubes to bled stapling that causes a pneumothorax. Both my lungs left than right kept on clapping . And all the hospital did just placed a chest tube and I was hospitalized for a weak or sometimes to weaks . I have just gotten home from surgery when I laid down and my lung claps again. Life has been really hard for me. But when I turned 19 children’s hospital couldn’t see me nomore so I got transferred to Stanford. They did a surgery that was supposed to be done along time ago and that didn’t happen. They cut the bad piece of my lung and then they glued it to my chest wall. They did that surgery to both sides. But they said that since my lung claps already so many times and because of all the scar tissue that they don’t know if this surgery is going to work on me. And it didn’t just last month my lung claps again. And now both of my sides are numb and I can’t feel them it really hurts . You guys know if u guys had a chest tube. But I have a daughter and she’s the one that’s making me strong. My surgeon said that there’s a chance now that my other side is going to claps. I’ll stop here ????

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear this. I have had only 2  pneumothorax which was in 1014.  Both times were in my right lung. They did try to cut the bad piece of my lung but as they would cut it, it would tear.  They then they glued it to my chest wall.  Yes those tubes hurt so bad!  I am still hurting from this. I have not had any collapse lung since then but when I yarn or try to take a deep breath, it hurts! 

I just cannot imagine how you feel after all you have been through. Stay strong and keep your faith Hun. 

I also have COPD so this does not help @ all.  

Now, I just found out that when I an drinking liquids, my vocal cords are not closing properly and some liquids are getting into my lungs...  Seems like  some of us just don't get a break!  Hang in there.. (((HUGS)))

Soft hugs, Pam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.