Weird symptoms after pneumothorax VATS surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had spontaneous left pneumothorax surgery 3 months ago.

Every week I experience very bad feeling. Sever sickness. Gets worse after lying down.

• High heart rate (105-125) sometimes it shows arrhythmia icon. Sometimes high blood pressure too. (DIA>90)
  • Discomfort in chest and abdomen
  • Cold feet
  • Weak arms and hands
  • Pain in left shoulder and heart area
  • Loss of appetite
  • Very sleepy
  • Shortness of breath
  • Lightheadedness
  • Feel of pressure in deep ear
  • My abdomen is getting bigger even with the same activity level as before the surgery and has pain (left side) by pressing.

After several days these symptoms go away and appear again next week. I'm taking no medications.

I went to hospital emergency 3 times because of bad feeling and got 4 chest X-ray images after my surgery with 3 weeks interval between them. Blood-test including d-dimmer, ECG, Heart Echo, ENT doctor and every time they say we see no problems. It is still unknown what is wrong with me. These started to happen 2 weeks after surgery. I have not ever taken any CT Scan, Angiography and MRI. (Doctor said d-dimmer result is good so we won't take ct-scan)

Did anybody have these symptoms or know what's wrong with me?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

New findings:

I went on vacation for 2 weeks, while in vacation, I felt completely fine except a little bit tightness and pain in my lower left chest, I got back home and all the symptoms appeared again !!!!!!!

It was because of an unknown toxic gas in my apartment. Even the pneumothorax might have been caused because of that! I bought a Carbon monoxide detector but it showed 0. So it is not CO but maybe another toxic gas.

After I found out it is because of my apartment, I have been living in a hotel until I can find another place. I was there for 6 months and it gradually ruined my lungs. I feel completely fine outside of that apartment. It is weird.

Now I only have a feeling of tightness, numbness and sometimes pain in my lower left chest. I will share more information after more diagnosis.

So, your pneumothorax can be caused by your living place / environment / location. Changing your living place after the first pneumothorax experience is a very good idea to prevent it from repeating.

• Posted

could you request a high definition ct scan ? i have had numerous spontaneous pneumothoraxes on both lungs and in April had right pleurodesis and I’ve just had my left lung also done in the last 3 weeks…I had no evidence of anything on previous ct scans however the high definition one found lots of bulae on both upper parts of my lungs causing severe pain, discomfort and collapses…I am unaware of what to expect since surgeries regarding the pain of them bursting in the future but I do know they are not easy to detect if they are small and the pain is very similar to how you described it. I hope you find some comfort soon and answers also. Here if you have any other questions and I can help.

• Posted

i now realise this was some time ago i hope you have had relief and answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.