Side effects after VATS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive read through most of the posts looking for a similar complaint but haven't found one yet. I had VATS after a right lung SP 2 months ago. It took 3 chest tubes to finally fix the collapse. After I stopped using pain meds (about 2 weeks post op) I noticed a strange sensation in my throat and abdomen. Throat: not exactly painful, more annoying. Feels almost like a lump in my throat? Abdomen: feels like heart burn or acid reflux but without heart burn or acid reflux. I remember having pressure in my abdomen after the first collapse but it doesn't feel the same now. Also for the most part I am able to get a full breath of air, doesn't feel restricted. I seem to only feel "short of breath" when I start to panic over the above mentioned issues. I do worry that I may have a partial collapse on the left or right side and haven't gone for another X-ray just yet.......

Curious if any of you have felt the same and what route you took.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have not had those issues, wonder if the throat issue could be from the tube they put down you during surgery.
    Report Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I too wondered if the throat issue could be from that tube. I hate going to the doctor so I've been putting it off.

Report Reply
  • Posted

Did you ever get a resolution on this issue? Had VATS three weeks ago and have experienced similar throat pain. Hard to take a deep breath at times. Doctors keep prescribing me medicine for acid reflux...
    Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New Discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.