Accidentally put full weight on my foot

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello,,

I'm on week 3 of bunion surgery, I tripped while using the stairs and put full weight on my affected leg, it's been 12 hours and I still feel swelling on feet bottom and sometimes pressure against the operated area. 

Has someone experienced similar incident? 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eric..... I remember my little old dog falling in the pind and me  'flopping' down on my knees after I had a double bunion operation.... landed on the fronts of my feet. I was worried that I'd cracked the plaster casts but all was fine in my case. 

If you've a Facebook account there's a very good closed group particularly for bunion operations...... a wealth of information.

• Posted

Would you please give me a direct link to this group? 
    • Posted

Hi......Not sure if allowed to give direct links.....sometimes they delete the post.....

But if you search "I survived a bunionectomy" it'll show up and you can request to join...... There are normally pretty quick to add you....

• Posted

I did do that. It was in the middle of the night and I heard a loud noise down stairs and jumped out of bed, it was a couple weeks after the surgery. 

I contacted the doctor and told him what happened. He asked if I heard / felt a snapping sound. I did not. He seemed to think it was probably okay. He didn’t seem worried. But I did still have that plaster up to my knee still on too.

• Posted

I accidentally did this too. I just passed the 2 week mark in my recovery, but last week when I was getting up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I somehow lost my balance while trying to get on my scooter and fell. I think my pride was hurt worse than anything, but it definitely did not feel good! I’ve been a little nervous ever since because I’d hate to do anything to offset my recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.