Accupuncture, anybody tried it for anxiety or depression?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i know it's not a long term solution to beating anxiety or depression but was just wondering if anybody has tried it or knows anybody who's tried it and if it helped at all with curbing the symptoms?

Be interested to hear any stories or thoughts.

Neil 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I would also like to hear of some stories as this is something I have been contemplating trying also 
  • Posted

I spent a fortune on accupuncture (£40 a session) although I quite enjoyed having it done and found it quite relaxing, it didn't help my anxiety. I also tried reflexology witch again did not help. Unfortunately anxiety is all in the mind and until you learn to change your thought pattern, no holistic therapies work. But that's just my opinion :-)
    • Posted

Hi Cara, I agree with you anxiety is all in the mind and can only be changed by changing your thought pattern, CBT is a therapy that can help this if people are willing to help themselves. I have had acupunture myself and it can help with a lot of things, mine was physical and cost me a lot of money as had it for eight years. 

Elizabeth.

• Posted

agree cara it is all in the mind...and trouble is its so strong. stress has a lot to answer for , sometimes without us realising. smile

• Posted

I agree it's a psychological condition, my question was regards to relieving the symptoms not necessarily to prevent it.

N

• Posted

I've also had CBT and it didn't do anything for me. I know it does wonders for some, but not me :-( I really wanted it to work and went in with an open mind, had it for 8 weeks but no change. I suppose the accupuncture may have relieved me from some of the physical symptoms for a very short time, but I do believe it's because I willed it to and made myself believe it was helping but as time went on I realised it wasn't really doing anything. It I'm not saying it won't work for some. X
  • Posted

I would also be interested in any success stories. I had 'alternative' hypotherapy for smoking and stop instantly and never smoked since. Best £85 I've ever spent! If someone can stick a needle in my head and stop these voices, I am happy to give them a £1000!

Stephen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.