Accutane 10mg after 15 days

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, 

it's been now 15 days that i'm taking accutane 10mg, 2xdaily and i don't feel any improvement as i still get some pimples and i have this big "thing" i don't know how to call it, but its like you know, a big pimple of oil and after 15 days now it's not going ! is there any problem ?

can you guys tell me why my skin is becoming like this, exceptthe dry lips that i'm dealing with it. 

is there any foods to avoid while taking accutane ?

my first week was bad, i had initial breakout and many pimples poped out and were painfuly, but now i get less than before anyway.

i'll appreciate your responses and may god get me rid of this acne.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Stick with it Sidali.  It may well take a while to get to grips with it.

You are very lucky these days. when we were young there was precious little that could be done for sufferers.  In those days it was thought that it was caused by eating fatty foods or chocolate - it isn't.  Nor is it dirt.  No doubt if you eat a good diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables, do not smoke or drink [too much] alcohol you may feel better.

While the treatment is ongoing all you can really do is go with it and above all keep the site clean by washing frequently with warm water and mild soap.  This will improve the appearance of any spots that burst spontaneously.  You mention dry skin which you seem to have.  After washing it might not hurt to use a "moisturiser" if you believe in them.

• Posted

Thank you so much simonthethird for your quick replay

what about the big pimple plenty of oil at the left side of the picture, is it normal that all this time it doesn't disapear ? and please let me know what kind of moisturiser to use or can you suggest one ? i'm using Neutrogena Soap and after washing, my face become dry.

• Posted

The medical advice would be "leave it alone" but although I cannot see the detail if it has got some form of head on it you could try bathing with hot water to try and draw it up so that it bursts [or that you burst it].  This will give you relief!

All doctors would probably advise not to do that but in the past a doctor with me took the opposite view.  His advice was that [in the absence of any real treatment] self treatment in getting rid of the active spots and blackheads would make you feel better and to some degree at least improve the appearance. While the treatment is ongoing all you can really do is go with it and above all keep the site clean by washing frequently   His view seemed to be that the idea was that spots are intended [by nature] to burst and you were only altering the timing to suit yourself!

As I say - you make up your mind; it's your body

• Posted

In passing it's unlikely that the large spot is full of "oil"; normally it will be pus which I seem to recall are dead white cells that the body wants to get rid of
    • Posted

before 2 or 3 days, it poped out a little bit and it was like oil, yellow color then stopped. i had before the same, 2 or 3 times and it's full of the same oil.
    • Posted

Please look at the picture, that is what I have in this big spot
    • Posted

Excellent photo; thanks. That is not oil though it is simply a part of your blood [I should know but have forgotten].  My feeling is still that this is - as you suspect - a large spot or boil that is not ready to burst yet.  My advice is that you use an old-fashioned treatment and simply bathe it with very hot water in which a teaspoon of salt per pint has been added.

Do this as often as you can and it will soften the skin and encourage the area to come to a head and discharge.  There is I think quite a lot of pus deep under the skin and when it does discharge it will give you relief.   It is not really any use trying to get it out until it is "ready"!

• Posted

yes i think i have a lot of pus in my skin, and can you tell me or your opinion about from what i have this acne
    • Posted

As I said in the old days people used to think that it was got from eating fatty foods and chocolate or from not washing enough.  Though now that is not thought to be the case I do not think that anyone knows exactly what causes it merely that it is a "hormone imbalance".  There is little apart from medical drugs that you are taking that you can do.

Persevere please. It will get better over time.

• Posted

Hi Sidali, I can relate with your problem. I also have lots of acne on all over my face. I have tried a lot of chemical base products, as well as accutane. But, dicontinue taking accutane due to the complication (I heard). I am a woman and really afraid of what they say about it. I hope someone here can tell me other alternative other than taking accutane. thanks. 

• Posted

Hi Heidi speaks,

As per my knowledge, accurate is the best solution for acne and a lot of women using accurate got rid of it.

Please take a look on the notice coming with accurate and follow what is prescribed for women. You an afford a period of time to accurate and for sure you will get results if you believe on it.

• Posted

Hi Sidali - it's "Accutane" not "Accurate"! As you say 100%.  This is basically a medical forum.   The drug can [as many drugs] have serious side effects but it does works.   People really should trust their doctors to a great degree and refer back to them if their are side effects or complications. These side effects may - in general - get better over time.

As I have said 50 years ago there was no effective treatment for acne. Now - for most people - there is.  Be thankful.

There is little - if anything - that is otherwise effective, tested and reviewed as being effective

• Posted

Thank you for the information. I will wait for accutane that is suitable for women. Do you know of other remedy for acne suitable for women? Of course while waiting. I  cannot the take the risk of taking the drug (accutane) at the moment. Do you know of other drug?
  • Posted

Hi sidali , I'm guessing your in the UK , how did you get onto accutane ? Did you specifically ask for it or did your doctor recommend ? Cause I have been on erythryomycin for months with no change and am just dieing for something that works so I'm gonna ask for it like did they happily perscribe it ?
    • Posted

As you have found out an antibiotic does not work in the short term for acne though a "low dose - long course" may.

I think that to get accutane you will probably need a referral to a dermatologist. It is a powerful, effective drug but can have serious side effects

• Posted

Well when I say months I mean about 6 and that's at 250mg so feel there should have been some change ? Is there specifically good and bad antibiotics or is it person specific like if I ask to Go off erythryomycin what would I want to go on
    • Posted

Hi Joseph, 

accutane is prescribed by a dermatologist, so you must consult one because the medicine is known as dangerous and need to be followed.

i'm taking accutane 20mg per day, i had bad initial breakouts in the first 2 weeks, now i'm on my third week and i'm improving.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.