Acdf flare up or another pinched nerve

Posted , 2 users are following.

Yesterday it got really windy really fast. I tried shutting the truck door 4/5 times but the wind kept pulling it back open. My husband had to get out and shut the door.

Within an hr I had my previous acdf 6/7 pain.. neck, shoulder, scapula and numbness in my fingers. I am 4 mos post op acdf 6/7.

I'm feeling afraid I've pinched 5/6 nerve. B/c today I have neck pain, headache, shoulder and forearm pain.

Thoughts on flare up, pinched 5/6 or pulled forearm muscle?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try rest and cold packs anti inflammatory for flair ups I get them all the time
    • Posted

Thanks Jessica! You think about a week? Have you ever had to do a medrol pak to settle it down? And do you get the spams like before surgery?
  • Posted

Update: I had a flare up! The neuro dr did new MRI since I was having new symptoms. The MRI came back negative.

Lesson for me- don't do it right now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.