Acessa for fibroids

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all. I had Acessa for fibroids on 5 April 2017. At this point that has been about five weeks. Before Acessa I had large fibroids, not sure how many months pregnant it would be but I am very small naturally and my waist measures 34 inches. VERY LARGE!! I had been put on Lupton shots in May of 2016 to shrink the fibroids but no real shrinkage was note but the fibroids didn't grow while on shot. Before Lupton shots my cycles were just starting to progress towards the becoming a little messy, causing need for pad changing 2 to 3 times during the day and slightly spilling into clothing and once I even had a small leakage into the bed. My cycles had always been rather light and no cramping or typical menstrual symptoms until towards the end of 2016. Now I willdescribe my experiences since Acessa but it is important to know that I am 42 years old at time of procedure, my fibroids are extremely large and I have been very inactive in the last few years due to my large size and the symptoms as well as the fact that it has only been 5 was. I have only had one cycle since the procedure and it seemed to be no different from before the procedure at this point except the length of it is a bit shorter. Before, I had 5 day cycles that seemed to linger and seemed that they were trying to get longer and longer each time. But now, 3 days and done. However, it does seem to be as full as before. I found myself changing at work at least 3 times before my work day was over then again at home that night but this was only true on day 2 of my cycle. It wasn't heavy or abnormal on day one or three. I guess that is an improvement. I hope for more in the coming months. Also, I had to had a myomectomy for a small pedunculated fibroid at the same time as the Acessa procedure. All the pain at its worst only required over the counter Tylenol for three or four days. People keep saying they can't tell i had a surgery at all so don't fear the pain. Nothing u can't handle. I have not yet noticed any shrinkage but when I am released from post surgery restrictions I hope exercise will help. Will update soon.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Tookie, how big is your fibroid? I have a 10 cm one which I am awating a date for hysteroctomy for.
    • Posted

Hello VicGeo.

Sorry this took so long. I didn't get a notification that anyone replied to my post. Anyway, I had three fibroids, one was about 12 cm, one was 7 and one was smaller than the 7 but I am not sure of the size. I just had a scan with the doc about three weeks ago and he said the 12 had not moved much, the 7 is now 6 and he can't detect the smallest anymore. Unfortunately, I have not lost enough of the size, not nearly as much as I wanted to lose. Did you look into the Acessa first? I  would recommend it if you are not wanting to have a hysterectomy. Anyway, good luck whichever decision you make. It is not easy to have to make these decisions about the future of your health. 

• Posted

Hello Tookie - would you mind providing another update - after almost a year, did your fibroids decrease in size some more?

?Thank you so much!!

• Posted

Hi Tookie. Can you please share how large your fibroids were? As well as what the shrinkage is like now? I have a 13cm by 8.5cm by 9cm fibroid on the fundus (top) of my uterus. I’m thinking of having the Acessa procedure in Beverly Hills, CA next month. My husband and I desperately want children. While I have symptoms, I had no idea of the fibroid and only found out about it a month ago because we weren’t concieving. I have spoken with multiple Drs. and most of them want me to have a myomectomy, since it's currently the gold standard for fibroids in women who wish to concieve. I’m leaning towards Acessa though.

• Posted

Hello Tookie, 

Can you tell me more about your experience of the Acessa procedure? Also, did your large fibroids shrink at all?

Many thanks for an update. I hope you are doing well and didn't need further procedures. 

Best,

Jamie 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.