Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen???

Posted , 8 users are following.

Greetings all. I am soon entering my 8th week post op from ankle break. There have been improvements for sure yet, the swelling, redness, angry looking wounds concern me. I will see my Doc this coming week with the hopes of ditching the boot.

I do elevate, ice, foot soaks, have been using acetaminophen at night.

Would switching to anti-inflammatory, ibuprofen work better?

Other ideas, tips?

Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well, I now know the answer to my question. Ibuprofen is a no-go for me because after a couple of days my gut was painfully irritated. So, "tylenol", it is.

Also, I saw my Ortho Doc today. X-rays looked good. 6 more weeks of wearing boot, anti-biotic on my wounds (which are looking better), and switching me to out-patient Physical Therapy at Rehab Center. My accident (broken ankle) was May 22, 2019.

What a summer!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.