Achalasia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Having a particularly bad couple of days. My blood pressure tends to be on the low side ordinarily but, I’ve been very dizzy and, shaky past couple of days but, this morning I actually fainted, I just drained. Frightened the life out of my partner poor thing. Does anybody else experience this and, is it caused by malabsorption. I have an appointment to see my GP but, to be honest he is pretty hopeless when it concerns the Achalasia. I have just been on build up shakes for two days as I am exhausted from trying to eat anything solid 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I wonder whether it is a sugar:insulin imbalance?   Normally this would be because of food rushing through too quickly perhaps, but it would be worth checking with the GP.
    • Posted

Possibly as I felt what food was stuck in my oesophagus hit my stomach like a brick yesterday morning. I am absolutely exhausted, keep nodding off. I fell asleep twice today whilst sat in the chair which is a completely out of character as I find it difficult to get off to sleep and, never fall asleep outside of my bed. Thank you for your reply 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.