Achalasia

Posted , 2 users are following.

I got diagnosed with achalasia i been fighting this for just 6 month can anyone give me some advise i have lost 34 pounds already

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

What helped me tremendously is whilst eating, drinking hot boiling water mixed with sparkling water so that the temperature is warm. This helped to relax my esophagus and actually allowed me to eat. Also buy meal replacement powder and make smoothies with milk or water. If that's not going down easily, you can also drink this warm water to relax the esophagus.

These are the only things that worked for me until I had a POEM operation, which fixed my swallowing issues. Hope that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.