Achalasia/ Barrats

Posted , 4 users are following.

At my wits, exhausted and, in so much pain. My stomach is so distended it’s causing breathing difficulties. Another cancelled endoscopy due to yet another administration error. I’m exhausted 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I think it is definitely the endoscopy that you need, and I can only suggest that you contact the clinic to get it dealt with urgency, using your GP if necessary.
    • Posted

I have made arrangements for a home visit from my GP tomorrow.  Thank you, take care
    • Posted

How are things eith you? Have you had endoscopy yet? Prayers lifted for you i know your struggle and pain. This too shall pass.
    • Posted

Hi Estelle, thank you for your kind words, really appreciated. Sadly it has been postponed until the 1st March now and, I have a follow up appointment with the surgeon on the 5th. I’m just hoping that it isn’t cancelled again, so here’s hoping. I’m just at a stage now where obviously feeding is very difficult and, I am very uncomfortable with my stomach being so distended, I’ve no appetite at all and, it’s a viscous circle isn’t it because i find the less I eat the more GERD I get and, spasms in my chest are increasingly worse. When I say eat, I’m now just taking liquids as anything solid causes me quite a lot of pain. I just can’t wait to have the endoscopy and, get some answers from the consultants now. All this distension in my tummy is unbelievable, to the point where I can’t sit up for very long as my ribs feel as though they are cutting into me. I’ve had two children and, I was never this huge with either. I just don’t know what it is and, my poor GP is at a loss. I’m so out of breath by simply coming up the stairs and, I’m breathless if I have talked for a little while. My tummy has more than out grown all my clothes. I’m only 5ft 1” and, just under 8 st but, I look like I’m carrying a baby elephant ha ha. How are you ? I hope you are dealing with the problems that come with Achalasia and, Barrats and, you are well x
    • Posted

Sorry Estelle, I’m ranting on about my own problems when you are obviously suffering yourself. How are you ? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.