Achalasia cardia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, i have since 2016 i was treated in 2018 by POEM almost 3 year's now.I noticed one thing this disorder doesn't effect only body but also mental health.

I faced and still facing problem in making people understand why i can't swallow some foods Why i get spasms when i m in stress spasms are not just gas attack there are close to heart attacks.

I m looking for people with same disorder in india or Telangana to connect with me so we all can share our experience and stress related to Achalasia cardia

Thanks 👍

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm not in you area of the world, but i had a Heyer Myotomy fundoplication in 2014. I have to tell you based on my experience, explaining what we can eat and the difficulties we experience will not be understood, even by doctors! I had a general surgeon tell me he cures Achalasia with his surgery. I have a friend that I have gone to lunch with weekly for many years, until recently she just thought I was being a hypocondriac/diva. We went to the movies and she got popcorn and offered me some. I remember telling her I would love it, it was one of my favorite foods, but I couldn't eat it any more. That seemed to speak to her more than me telling her I couldn't eat salads etc.

I seem to be having increasing problems with the Achalasia. I saw my Gastro. today, and he told me I seem to be on the down hill slide. That more surgeries don't get as good a result as the first surgery. more tests to come.

So I would tell you to enjoy what you can, and not worry or explain your difficulties.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.