Achalasia & Energy Crashing

Posted , 4 users are following.

Its been awhile since I put a post on this Forum.  So, with the Achalasia, for the past 2 years, it has always been around 3:30-5pm, that my energy just seems to drain out, and at a loss for a better word, I 'crash.'  I will have an Supplemental drink and some peanut-butter granola bars to get protein into my body.  However, for the past month, I 'crash' at noon, at 3pm-ish, at 6 pm.  Can anyone share if you have experienced this as well.  Is it a sign that things are 'changing?'  My esophagus is considered 'dead,' and I will be having either a peg-tube [feeding] put in, or my esophagus removed, or both.  Just waiting for the consult in September.  [I've had the Heller Myotomy - 2 years ago; 2 dilations [failed];  2 manometry tests, and the barium swallow].  Type 1 Achalasia.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I can't speak to your real question here, but wanted to ask you if you've looked into the POPE procedure not to be confused with POEM. It is newer and offers another option before getting esophagus removed. There is an achalasia Facebook group I am on and I've seen it mentioned there. Might be something to check out.

• Posted

Thank you.  What country do you live in?  I am in Canada.   I went online and could only find a brief description of that surgery you mentioned.  Could you share with me the name of the Achalasia group that you are a member of, as I would like to learn more about the POPE surgery.  Again, thank you.
    • Posted

The US. The group is Achalasia support group. I know there is another group for Achalasia and esophogectomy on there as well. (Spelling). Sorry I took so long.
    • Posted

Thank you, I found both of those groups on FB, and have joined them.
  • Posted

Hey there. I have Dysphagia. I feel always fatigue since I had this disease.

Don’t give up because your esophagus is dead. My mom had dead esophagus for 3 yrs and she was gravity feeding herself and now she is luckily cured. She told me it all came from stress and depression

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.