ache all over with cfs

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have cfs. I keep active during the day but if I do too much physical activity (eg.walk around town for a few hours) I come home and my body feels like it used to when I would come home from the gym! - aching all over, tired muscles

I get this a lot, also when I get out of bed first thing and when I go to bed too.

what do you think the doctors might prescribe me to help?

I am trying yoga and relaxation exercises but I just ache so badly and it often hurts to move

thanks in advance

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

gabapentin helps me.  Have you tried it.  It is so wonderful that you can be so active during the day!
  • Posted

You don't need a prescription you just need to do less. Get your body use to that level of activity without pain and then slowly increase it. It's the same with any physical activity when you do too much. 

It it just takes longer with Cfs. It's taken me 2 yrs to be able to cycle a long distance without any impact. So the first step is to find what you can do with any ill effect then slowly move forwards from there.

• Posted

Hi, it sounds like you have a mild form of CFS like me. There is nothing the docs will give you. Some try different vitamins, I have started taking multi vitamins, but not sure if there doing much (only started taking them a couple of weeks back)
  • Posted

I cannot beleive I forgot to mention this in my first post.  The thing that made the biggest change for me in getting rid of the pain was changing my diet.  I know that this is not much fun to hear, but it is true.  Read up on nightshade plants and the poisons in them.  The poisons are meant to deter insects, but some people react to them.  Reducing my intake of the foods that comes from nightshades made a world of difference for me.
  • Posted

The doctor will probably not be of much help. Unforntunately it is normal to feel like this with CFS. It's your body's way of telling you that you've done too much. Try to pace yourself more to avoid feeling like this. I also find yoga (but only when my body allows me) and relaxations CDs very helpful. You could also try a hot shower in the morning and a warm bath at night to help the muscles relax. A massage can be helpful too for the pain.

• Posted

I wish I could walk around town for a few hours as you say  you can do.  I'm pea-green jealous!  Twenty minutes I can do, but a few hours?  Just had to get that out of my system.  I'm happy for you that you are able to do so much.  Good going, Raindrops! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.