Ache in buttock

Posted , 4 users are following.

About 8 months ago I had a TIA which I recovered from quite quickly. Then about about 6 months ago I developed a burning sort of pain in hip, buttock back of thigh, knee, calf and ankle. Dr initially prescribed paracetamol. He then sent me for an MRI which showed no abnormality.(during this tried private physio and accupuncture this had no effect). Dr arranged NHS physio and prescribed Gabapentin, I am now taking 600mg three times a day, which only eases the pain. The Gabapentin tends to make me sleepy during the day.

Has anyone any ideas, I really don't want to increase the Gabapentin.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.