Ache L testicle - self diagnosed as Epididymitis

Posted , 1 user is following.

Ok first yes I know I should see a Dr, I will see a general Dr next week, see note the end.

M 49Y Pain L testicle ~8day

I sat up and had a sudden pain for just a second. Later my L testicle felt very tender at the top to touch, compared to R side the L has a soft lump/swelling at top not always easy to find though and seems to vary(?) .

I pressed around groin and don't feel any lumps (hernia?), pee normal - maybe larger amount but have been drinking a lot of water possible very mild sting but this could be in my imagination. No discharge or anything like that, no chance of STI. Possible scrotum is hanging lower than normal but again I am not 100% sure. Had an IVP 5 years ago for suspected kidney stones but it was all clear, this doesn't feel the same .

About a week before this happened I had diarreah quite bad for 5 days, could this be a source for an infection elsewhere?

From the symptoms I thought infection epidymitis was likely, and possible that is what I am feeling at top of L testicle.?

Have been taking norfloxacin 400mg 2 times a day, testicle is not tender now but achey pain still there altho now harder hard to pinpoint exact area, I have some groin ache, leg ache. Its been 48 hrs 5 doses now of the antibiotic, Should I continue to take as its been 48hrs 5 doses? (I have read that norfloxacin is not the safest of antibiotics so don't want to take if not needed or for to long)

Pain is almost constant but varies, took paracetamol which does not make a lot of difference, ice pack helps. Would like to take nsaid but I don't think you can with norfloxacin?

I am British but live in Thailand so dealing with Dr's is not straightforward, I don't have the funds to visit one of the big International hospitals. I intend to try a GP clinic on Monday who I have used before, so my main Q is should I continue the Norfloxacin or stop it now?

Thanks.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.