aches and pains....

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello to all you great ladies! I know we all experience aches and pains, my question is do any of you have aches and pains that makes you think something could be seriously wrong? Meaning does anyone ever hurt in other places besides legs, lower back , neck etc.. I know some of you probably thinking I sound coo-coo. My high anxiety that im having doesn't help any.

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes I do :-( I have a dull pressure on the top of my left bicep that comes and goes, my anxiety has just gone up a gear and finding it hard to get asleep and stay asleep which is new and have back ache between shoulders blades and top left of breast area....googled it (I know I shouldn't ) and it comes back with pro domal heart attack signs!! Doctor thinks I'm mad, said it's unlikely to be heart! Really worries me :-( x
    • Posted

Tracky same here all except for top left breast area. I try not to google it surely can scare the heck outta you. And I dong wanna go to the doctor afraid. I know I sound nut. It was such a bad 2014 for me and my family I just want to have peace and joy in my life again. That's what I pray for. Thanks for your reply. smile
  • Posted

I get random pain too - mine are similar to yours but at the moment, suffering with random breast pain and tenderness - not due yet though sad I suffer from anxiety too sad xx
    • Posted

Its surely is tough being a  woman at times that's for sure. I get that with my breast occasionally. sad
  • Posted

Hi Donna,i get neck ache and i have had costochondritis for about 18months,which is imflamation of the ribs under the breastbone,i thought it was something more serious,the dr sent me for a mammogram and thank fully it was ok.They then told me what it was and that there is no explanation for it and no cure,it can last up to 12 months but some people say they have had it for years and it goes of its own accord.I read somewhere that it can be one of the less common symptoms of peri/menopause.i also get tightness which feels like having an elastic band under my bust,this comes and goes,i also get breast pain and tendrness which also comes and goes.Its not too bad,knowing what it is,helps a little x

• Posted

Thanks for your reply debwestmids. I suppose not every ache and pain is indication of something serious. I haven't been to the doctor I don't like doctors. sad
    • Posted

Wow! You've just described what I sometimes experience under my left breast bone. It can be very painful. It flares up sometimes around ovulation for me and before a period is coming. It feels just like you described,  like an elastic band is sitting under my rib cage. I wonder though if it is gastrointestinal related because sometimes if I take a Zantac that helps 
    • Posted

I know. I think like that too. I worry that every little pain means something is wrong.  On Christmas Eve I went to the ER thinking it was my heart. Turns out it was acid reflux flaring up. My husband says I'm obsessing over these symptoms. 
    • Posted

That's where I get it sometimes too. It's all gastrointestinally related, I think. 
    • Posted

Thanks sharcerv. I love you ladies we are all like a big family that never see's each other smile
    • Posted

I know. It would be nice if we could post a photo but then again we don't know who views these forums aside from us. 
    • Posted

Does it sometimes interfere with your appetite making it difficult to want to eat? I get nauseous with it too. 
    • Posted

No its just annoying. Its hard to explain kinda feels like a elastic band with annoying pain. 
    • Posted

Well, I looked up the word costochronditis and it is inflammation of the cartilage between the rib cage. They said that an anti inflammatory pain reliever or even an aspirin should relieve it. They said women are more proved to getting it than men. Go figure! How nice for us, huh?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.