Aches and pains

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have had 2 panic attacks this week and have constant anxiety. Is it normal to feel like you have been in a round with Mike Tyson!!! I feel all achey and muscles hurt on my chest and back. I have palpitations all the time and a lump in throat which causes heartburn! And just feel weak xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes it's normal to feel completely drained after panic attacks. Mentally and physically. I suffer too all day every day and at one point couldn't move off the sofa now I just try to go through the day as normal as possible because I can't seem to get the right help for me. Distraction works well and talking to family about my fears
  • Posted

I find keep doing something helps, but oh my god the aches and pains drain you out to!!! i feel like im getting a cold now too which will not help..... yes talking does help, but i hate it when the feeling comes again and you feel like passing out xx
    • Posted

This anxiety stuff really does just wash me out. I woukd wish this on anyone the bad thing is in the uk there isn't enough mental health services to help
  • Posted

Hello, Yes liz17576 it's completely normal to feel that way whenever you've had an episode of panic attack. It also can be the cause of the meds you're taking. Some anti-depressants or anxiolytics have really powerful side effects. There are actually a lot of things you can do, I won't recommend pain killers. If you're already taking anti-depressants then you decided to take pain killers imagined what harm it could do to your kidney. You should intake natural substances instead, those that won't harm your kidneys and that could help ease the pain. You can also do some psychological therapy for the anxiety then physical therapy for the body pains. Don't forget your vitamins and minerals.
  • Posted

Yep, I always feel so exausted after panic attacks. Something a lot of people don't think about with anxiety is the physical symptoms. Flu like symptoms are really common with anxiety disorders (trust me, i've had every symptom under the sun!). I wouldn't worry about it, it'll pass. I know how fustrating it is though! 
  • Posted

Good morning Liz sorry you are having anxiety attacks I have had the same on and off over the years there is usually a trigger and that can be anything ,the sensations you feel can overwhelm you and  feel horrible and you want it to go away and feel normal like everyone else and you wll, I reserch for long time and found a product called rodiola rosea that really helped me and did not have to go down the road to taking prescribed meds just make sure the has enough rosa vines in it tescos health shop ,hope you feel more your old self soon Laura 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.