Aches and pains

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone suffer with joint pain I have been going through the menopause for around 2 years and all the usual symptoms. About 3 months ago I started to wake up in the morning with painful hands and feet which are very stiff, after about half an hour this wears off but will niggle through the day if I'm not moving around...I have had blood tests not arthritis 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It's strange but sometimes certain food gives me joint pains now in perimenopause. (This phase in my life has made me very sensitive to foods.)

I get joint pain, especially in the knees, if I have milk, very good chocolate, and for a little while it was a certain probiotic I was taking. Have you added any new foods?

• Posted

You know I never thought of that but now that you mention it everytime I start eating dairy and sweets my aches are getting worst!!! For me also when I'm stressing and worried my entire body is aching so bad...

• Posted

Dairy is a big culprit for me. If I sneak a bag of M&Ms I am aching for days. I sit down and the excruciating pain in my knees keeps me there.  

But even when I am good about what I eat, there are times when I just feel like I have body aches like the flu. Especially just before my period. 

• Posted

Yes I'm experiencing that now. Very achy joints and I thinks it's from to much sugar/carbs! But so if I stay in one position for a long time I feel the pains! Having back pains everyday in the mid back area. I know it's part of hormonal issues!

• Posted

Me too! Mid to low back special when I wake up in the morning..so hard to bend over to put a pants onsmile then start moving and gets better!!!

• Posted

thanks for reply mine seems to be just with hands and feet at the moment, jeez we have to go through a lot us women 
  • Posted

For me it was an estrogen issue.  It took all the pain away.
  • Posted

Hi, yes I also hehe this issue, if I sit at my desk at work for longer than 15 mins, when I stand up I am walking like John Wayne!! It goes away after a quick walk about but it makes me feel about 100 years old!! I am48!! All part and part of I'm afraid!

• Posted

Jane you made me smile this morning!!! you are absolutely right like we are riding a horse in the desert for dayssmile while a sleep!!!

• Posted

That put a smile on my face thanks, so true though 😂

• Posted

Yes I had extremely stiff legs especially the bottom and it only got better when I took vitamins (over 50's)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.