Aches and pains all over my body

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I am new to this page but decided to join after days of agonising over health anxiety. Ive been struggling with health anxiety since May. Any little thing can trigger it off. This time it so happened to be breast pain whereby I have convinced myself I must have breast cancer (even tho I know it is probably hormonal). Since this started I have now reached a point where the last 2 days not only do I have breast pain but aches and pains all over my body and in my joints. Now im convinced this must be bone cancer having googled the symptoms.

Has anyone experienced these pains before. I feel like I am going crazy and its getting me so down.

X

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hilary and welcome to the page I'm fairly new to but have found a lot of sense of support here. I also suffer from health anxiety really bad everyday I have bad physical symptoms chest pains heart palpitations headaches nausea aches and pains you name it I got it. I actually have been really struggling with chest pain the last few weeks and thinking that well here's my obsession is with air embolism. A situation happens a few weeks ago where a nurse was giving me an injection and an air bubble went in so I've been freaking out about that and I actually had a stabbing pain and my left breast last night and it actually hurt worse when I breathe in and out. It lasted for about 15 minutes and I actually talked to one of my friends who also has anxiety and has had the same problem and they tried to reassure me that it was just air within my rib cage that was causing the pain I felt better after hearing that and the pain went away. So it could very well be due to anxiety. Have you been to a doctor at all for that yet?

• Posted

Yes ma'am very normal .. when I was stressed really badly my body was sore like I did did a intense work out .. and i was scared like omg what is going on with me. Anxiety suck you can have all types of symptoms.. as of now I'm currently dealing with shortness of breath ugh  so just know you are not alone..

• Posted

Awh thank you for the response. Glad to hear im not alone. I feel similiar to that at the moment. As tho ive worked out. I have spent half the day googling stuff and I swear its definitely made the pains worse. Ive gone beyond talking to my mum about it as I know it only worries her and she doesnt understand it despite trying to reassure me. So hopefully this forum will help.

Have u taken anything for these pains or do you just put up with them?

• Posted

Since when do you need to be 12 to talk to your mum about health issues. In my 20's!!!!!!!

• Posted

Honestly you have to remove yourself if you are in a bad environment.. I was in a very bad environment and stressful situation with my marriage that I just went through soooo much anxiety and depression.. google is the WRONG thing to do lol it makes you think u have something when you really don't and google can be so bad that it tricks the mind. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me..I had bad stomach pain I couldn't and wouldn't eat. Headaches pain in spine upper back upper stomach everywhere literally.. I had stomach pain so bad I went to google and typed my symptoms and it told me kidney infection I just knew I had one and I was scared if left untreated it will get worse .. made a appointment and got the results and it was nothing.. another time google told me I had appendicitis and welp that was wrong too.. although anxiety has you guessin and looking for answers DONT lol it only makes things worse mentally and physically.. as far as meds I just can't take them I don't like pills at all and my dr tried to perscribed me celexa and said it could be side effects and that's all I needed to hear and I didn't want them .. I'm trying to get better not worse I didn't want to take that risk of the possible side effects so I learned to deal and control anxiety on my own.. it's not Impossible.. just remember I'm ok it's in my head I got this.. if something was to happen in public someone will call the ambulance so you wouldn't be alone.. it was so bad for me I couldn't go shopping I couldn't leave the house without havin a panic attack a extreme one but you have to force yourself and don't let anxiety WIN you are in control..

• Posted

Only a dr can reassure you. A dr will examine and assess you and put your mind at rest.
  • Posted

its awful, hard to relax but you have to try, i got some lavender oil mixed with water and sprayed around it helped me relax

cheers

john

• Posted

I had the same thing happen to me, I had and still have body and joint pains all over my body and I also convinced myself it was bone cancer  after googling my symptoms. I’ve been in and out of the hospital and the doctors office these past two months because I’m in constant fear for my health even though I’m 17. This all started at the beginning of July after my first panic attack. I’ve had 3 blood tests three separate times, X-rays, an mri with and without contrast, ekgs, urine samples and they found nothing. I just still feel like something is wrong with me but I know there isn’t it just feels that way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.