aches and pains and tiredness

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a hysterectomy total 12 months ago, I soon started with aches and pains all over my body, really tired and irritable, I do have stress depression anyway so this is not the reason as that is being treated. Initially I was super women no replacement therapy going cold turkey giving into the hot sweats several times a day, not sleeping because of the sweats, 8 months in I went to the docs and got something for the sweats and mentioned the aches and pains, decided to give the hrt a go unfortunately 3 months on I have been on and still like a old woman at 48 thought it put a spring in your step?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Ask your doc to check your Iron Studies. You could be overloading iron now that you are not menstruating. It happened to me. Keep up the hrt.
  • Posted

Hi Gail

I will follow your thread with great interest as it nearly all applies to me. I am taking magnesium, omega oils and vitamin b complex regularly, also HRT. I'm aged 46 knocking on 100 at the moment. Also tried

glucosamine sulphate but seemed to react with my HRT and gave me painful breasts.

Totally fed up aching this much.

• Posted

hi Sheryl I am having bloods done soon to see wether there is anything else going on so im sure iron will show up on that thanks for the replay

hi carol I do take magnesium they seem to help with my bowels, I tried the well women supplement however I have stopped them seem to be popping pills for fun as recently have got problems with nerves in my neck but as I said in the reply to Sheryl I am having bloods taken to rule out anything else but your right I cant be bothered feeling like a old women, i had the hysterectomy because of fibroids and cysts making me look pregnant and feeling bloated however my belly is now a apron lol which i never had from 5 kids although i can eat now thanks for the reply

• Posted

Just a thought everyone. Are you taking statins for high cholesterol. Some statins cause the most terrible aches and pains in joints and muscles. I was on Simvastatin and could barely get out of bed for the pain. I went to Doctor who listened and changed my statins to Atorvostatin, aches and pains disappeared. Also be careful on the supplements as some of those cause problems.
  • Posted

I personally are not on statins chrisy
  • Posted

I'm noton statins either but taking HRT Elleste Solo 1mg, Magnesium, Omega oils 3, 6 & 9 & Menopace.

Calcium makes me drool and Glucosamine sulphate gives me breast pain so gave up on these

• Posted

sorry lol im on premelin hrt its a conjugated oestrogen

• Posted

I'm not aware of what supplements it is that cause the problems but if you google what you are taking or just read the side effects listed on the products info you should be able to find out what is causing the aches and pains which could if you are older, just be arthritis. Good luck everyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.