Aches & Pains in joints

Posted , 5 users are following.

MY iron levels are normal at the moment after 8 months of venesecions i felt fine for three weeks, and now my joint pain has got got worse does anyone else exspreince bad joint pain manly shoulder neck

allycat

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

my levels have been normal for about three years consistently and my shoulder and neck have been painful spots to this day.

• Posted

Could it be muscle pain more than joint pain, especially when it comes to neck and shoulder. I often describe my pain as 'body pain' because it is probably both.

Magnesium is often recommended, but also have your Vit D checked. If it is low, you may not be absorbing Vit D (as I don't), tabs did not make any difference whatsoever, so dr put me onto a practitioner's brand of Vit D3 forte drops, 4-6 per day. My levels went up. I can't say my pain has gone completely, but Vit D is so important for a lot of issues.

• Posted

Hi, I'm 50 years and joint pain is the only symptom I have ever felt from hemochromatosis.

Even now that my ferritin levels are normal (went from 2,800 to mid 300's) the joint pain has persisted.

My understanding is that the excess iron damages the cartilage and currently no one / procedure / medicine on the planet is able to regrow cartilage. I've had surgery on my index knuckle (replaced the joint) and both toes (has the bone spurs cut away) which have all verified that cartilage severely damaged, hence the pain.

Really wish I had better solutions. Please let me know if you figure this one out or get any relief from the pain, using any modality.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.