Achilles Bone Spur Debridement

Posted , 2 users are following.

It has been three weeks since my achilles bone spur debridement surgery.  The doctor said touch weight bearing with crutches only.  My other leg is pretty bad off from a prior accident years ago so I have to admit that I have been cheating sometimes with full weight on the surgery leg.  I feel good- small dull soreness, sleep well basically, no throbbing, no feeling of infections.  Things feel normal, about how they felt before the surgery.  Are there any indications that I might feel that would indicate bad-?  Could I have torn things up and now the dull sore is the feeling.  Just curious things went bad I should know.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

P.S.- The locations that I feel soreness is where the incision was made, back of my my heel, sometimes the bottom of my foot just below the heel and oddly that round nub of a bone that sticks out on the side of your foot.

• Posted

I also have a problem with my 'good' foot...partially torn Achilles. Full tear and repair on right foot. I found my good foot was getting sore taking all the weight so hired a wheelchair. It was awesome! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.